Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Android Push

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by donbru01, Nov 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Hi at all ,
    How can verify if my android phone is registered on GCM project?
    I have setup all corretcly ( i suppose ::)) , voice , chat via tunnel work fine .
    But when 3cxphone for android go on sleep mode , no push notification i receive for wake-up
    Thanx

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what sort of "sleep" that you phone goes into, and you don't mention what model it is. On my Samsung, even after the screen goes dark, it is set to maintain a wifi (or 3/4G) connection, and will ring if there is an incoming call. I don't think that "push" is involved as unlike the iPhone, it remains registered in the background even if you are using another app. If you are having issues it may be a network setting , on the phone that has to be changed.

By the way, there is a forum just for android issues....

3. donbru01

donbru01 New Member

Thanx Leejor , i must use push for better battery saving , for special project .
    3CX V12 implement push , i suppose 3CX believes in this future .
    I try to use Samsumg S3 mini and Tablet and same issue no push for wake-up .
    I have trace via wireshark 3CX System when from device i call another device provisioned for push , but from 3cx i not see request for https://android.googleapis.com/gcm/send.....
    But my skill for this scenario isn't good .
    Thanx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.