Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Android soft phone stuck

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Peter Richardson, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter Richardson

Peter Richardson New Member

Hi all,

Please see attached screenshot. Stuck on this screen, won't connect. Am running all latest software updates on phone and PBX. Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Peter Richardson

It looks like the client cannot connect to the PBX. Make sure that your port forwarding is correct and the firewall checker successfully passes. Also make sure that under extension settings / Phone provisioning / 3Cx client the option "Use 3CX Tunnel for remote connections (3CX Client only)" is enabled. Do you have the same issue in the local WiFi?

3. Peter Richardson

Thanks @YiannisH_3CX

Port forwarding is correct
    Firewall checker passes okay (nothing has changed here, just new updated client)
    "Use 3CX Tunnel for remote connections" was already enabled.
    No, this issue does not happen when connected to WiFi at home, but I do have a VPN tunnel going to the PBX site, so that might not give you the answer you were looking for exactly.

Phone app version is 15.5.196

PS, when I try to click on anything in the app, it just freezes. I have to close it and reopen it once I have wifi connected.

4. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Please upgrade to 201, it's fixed in the latest beta.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Peter Richardson

Thanks @LeonidasG

How do I upgrade? It does not give me an option to upgrade in Google Play Store, and I can't seem to find an upgrade option in the app itself.

Thanks in advance for your help!

6. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Peter Richardson

Thanks @LeonidasG but when I click that link from my phone I get this error message (see attached)

Attached Files:

8. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You can click on that link from anywhere. It simply joins you to the beta program. Open your browser and type in the address if your links are screwed up.

9. Peter Richardson

Thanks @jimbo59 indeed you were correct, the link was screwed up. The old copy and paste worked a treat!

I registered and installed the update and now it connects SO FAST. it used to take about 15 - 20 seconds before, now it only takes 2-3 seconds. Great work guys!!

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  10. Boyin

I followed the suggestion to use the beta version because I was experiencing not connecting and freezing/delay after tapping on answer when a call comes in.

Connectivity has been great but now the 3cx app is draining significant amount of battery, 2% overall before, up to 23% overall on the beta.

Anyone experiencing this? Is there anything settings I need to turn off? Verbose logging is already off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.