Android update from 2.2 to 2.3 ! PROBLEM **FIXED

Discussion in 'Android' started by ukro, May 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ukro

After update the device, i cant manage to start the program.Every time i get an error in process com.tcx.sip.ui.

please solve the problem as i was using 3cxphone a lot. THX !

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Android update from 2.2 to 2.3 ! PROBLEM ! :(

It may not be supported. See the Vali's post in this thread....http://www.3cx.com/forums/can-t-install-on-xoom-19907.html#p100329

3. ukro

Thx for info,but still there is a provlem ;( very big issue.i don't understand why they not supporting 2.3 :(

4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Development takes time. I would think they have been a little busy getting v10 out the door.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I realize that a lot of people may no have a choice in switching to Android 2.3, but, If I did, and I had an application (or more than one ) that I used a lot, I'd be darn sure that they would work on the new version before I switched. No different than if you were to go from Win XP to Win 7. If you had important (crucial) programmes that you used on a regular basis, would you not check to see that they were supported on the new operating system before upgrading?

I don't know the stats on percentage of devices currently using 2.3, but It is probably still low at this point. I'm sure that will change rapidly this year as new handsets/tablets that support Gingerbread, are released. There will then be pressure to come out with a 3CX phone version that works with it.

6. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

Excellent point, only problem is when you buy a new device you don't have a choice as to the OS. I bought a Motorola XOOM that comes with Honeycomb (Android 3.1). I knew going in that I would have some software problems and I had to accept that not everything would work right out of the box. I would LOVE to have 3CXPhone running on it, I could basically replace my deskphone if it did. But, that is the price I knew I would pay for being an early adopter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Here are the latest stats....http://developer.android.com/resources/dashboard/platform-versions.html

As you can see, version 2.1 and 2.2 make up over 90 percent of Android users, at this point. The versions above those, combined, make up less than 5 percent. And while 1.6 and 2.1 usage appears to be levelling off, 2.2 still appears to be climbing.

The "trick" is to come up with a 3CX phone that is supported on the latest versions of Android and yet is still supported on the older ones. Otherwise there will be multiple versions with, perhaps, various "new" features.

8. MHernandez

Since last night I have the same problem.
    HTC just released the update to Android 2.3 and, of course I upgraded.

Now 3CX force-closes.

Somehow I knew this would happen, they were not even able to produce the tunnel for mobile devices (what is a mobile client good for if it won't work without the tunnell?)
    I have been using 3CX for over a year, basically just because the ease of use on the windows platform and the Skype gateway.
    For me it is imperative to use cheap communication, since my wife and children are living in one country whilst I work in another, so I can only see them over the weekend, but if my wife needs something she must be able to call me at any time any how.
    I have been waiting for the tunnell support from 3CX for a long time, with no hope.
    Since now I am in the UK, I can use skype on my mobile, which IS working with the newer Android 2.3 and therefore I can call extensions via the gateway back home.
    I was hoping to replace Skype with the tunnelled 3CX client soon, so I could use other facilities in 3CX (by the way, my wife runs part of the company from home, so we need it).
    Now I am trully hopeless, since Microsoft acquired Skype, nobody knows if it will still be available and the 3CX client (which was not working over 3G because lack of tunnell) will not even start on my updated phone...

So, I am giving up on 3CX and will choose any other VoIP client that can work with Asterix. And after all the wait, I will have to review my Linux skills to setup a Skype gateway on it (which is why I choose 3CX over Asterix), so I can still use my Skype number to receive client calls.

Sad... Very sad...

Hope I am not back to the days were I was spending hundreds (yes, over 300 euros) per month on roaming and international call charges.

It seems the telcos are closing in big time.
    I feel robbed by these people.
    They claim to be global giant companies with fancy brands, but are no better than a bunch of local franchises with poor corporate and governance structures.

I'd rather spend this money to have a company like 3CX develop a decent working client. Too late, I cannot wait any longer and I give up!

I guess this is a sign of times, perhaps the financial crisis has taken its toll on 3CX and they cannot afford to produce a decent piece of software.

Sad...

9. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

You are complaining about software you got for free? 3CX v10 has a LOT of new features and I am not surprised in the least that their focus is on the paid products that they wanted to get out the door rather than the free product not having a feature you want. Why don't you try other softphone clients that can connect to 3CX such as SipDroid or CSipSimple.

10. dab

dab

I understand your comments about paid products and thanks to 3CX for V10!
    But I think a lot of people are willing to pay also for a 3CX Android phone with tunnel- and G729 support :)
    But for now and since the first version of 3CX phone for Android there are complaints about the missing tunnel-feature.
    Nick changed the status of this on ideascale to "in progress" more than 7 months ago, so at least paying 3CX customers are waiting a long time for this...

The FC on 2.3 exists months ago too, if 3CX release a 3CX Android phone 2.0 with tunnel, G729 and 2.3+ support in the next weeks everybody will be happy, but there is no sign in this direction, no roadmap, just "it will be ready when it's ready" :(

11. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

I expect...nay, I demand that bugs and missing features are added as a priority to the 3CX Phone System that my customers are paying good money for. If I have to wait a little for an update to the free Android phone then that is what it is. I am not willing to sacrifice having drag&drop in the MyPhone or other crucial features fixed over making my cell phone work as an extension. That is MY priority and most of our resellers. Your mileage may vary.

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I said it before...if you have applications, that are important to you, whether it Windows based or Android, it is your responsibility to be sure that they will work on the new operating system. If you used a very expensive accounting program that ran just great on Windows XP but you ran out an installed Windows 7 , only to find you that your programme no longer worked, whose fault is that? People need to take responsibility for the ramifications of upgrading anything without fully researching the consequences of those actions.

In your case , there are work-arounds, just not involving the 3CX SIP phone, for the time being.

13. aries

You can try Keyyo voip client. It is also free and works with 3cx pbx.

Zeljko

14. dudu_georgescu

Downloaded it, have absolutely no clue how to configure it. Basically, where do you input your sip server addy?

15. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

At the time we dont run on 2.3 but working right now on it to fix it asap

16. FBW

FBW New Member

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the up.
    I upgraded my Samsung Galaxy S last week to 2.3.3 and found that the client no longer works.

However I don't mind much and I comletely agree with KerryG and leejor's remarks. I'd rather have a fully working v10 and a happy customer before having the Android client working properly.

That being said, it was a nice extra to show potential 3CX customers. So I will be more than happy seing the new client come out. And it would be REALLY GREAT if this time it had the tunnel function.

Keep up the great work guys!

17. FBW

FBW New Member

Just tried to find Keyyo VoIP on Market but apparently it's no longer available.
    I can only find Keyyo Synchro and Keyyo APN.
    So I suppose I'll need to wait for the new 3CX client :p

18. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

A new version is out of the 3CXPhone for android!
    NOW with support for Android 2.3!
    if you cant find it in the market check this post: http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cxphone-for-android-technical-informations-20489.html#p103085

19. FBW

FBW New Member

Installed the new version yesterday. Works like a charm.
    Thanks for the speedy follow up guys !!!

20. StefanW

Staff Member 3CX Support

thx for the positive featback

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.