Announcements for DDI

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by millsey, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. millsey

millsey New Member

Hi

We are about to switch on call recordign for all users. Is there a way to play a warning for ALL DDI numbers, or otherwise a way for calls hitting non-queues to be played a warning?

I cannot see anything in Inbound rules..

Thanks
    Millsey

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Not sure how friendly it will be to your callers, but you could have the inbound routes point to a DR where you could then greet and warn about recordings and then direct accordingly. You did not mention how non-DID calls are handled to begin with, so am not sure that this is a suitable solution.

3. millsey

millsey New Member

Sorry for confusion. All inbound calls hit dais but some ddis are sent to queues and others ring to phones direct. Ideally I could funnel all calls into a single DR or VAD thn get back to calling the internal extension, otherwise I have to create a DR or VAD for every DDI which is > 100 entries. :eek:

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Yes, if you need the recordings, then the added work goes with it. Sounds like your best/only option is to create a dr for each and then have the dr timeout and direct to the extension it would have gone to in the first place.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Does the jurisdiction that you are located, legally require that both parties are required to be informed that the call is being recorded? Many just require that only one party be aware.

6. millsey

millsey New Member

We wre in teh Uk (England) so I think this summary alppl;ies - in a nutshell we definitely should be announcing that we are recording.

http://www.itccallrecording.co.uk/legal-summary.htm

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It certainly does does sound as if all parties should be informed that recording is taking place. I'm wondering, other than in queues where all callers will hear a recording anyway, if the practice actually happens.

It would seem to be very impractical to have every line in a business play a recording to that effect (perhaps replace the ringback tone?), does that mean that no business in the UK records any conversations other than in call queues?

To meet the letter of the law, you would probably have to implement a DR "pass through" for each line, I can't see any other way of doing this other than having staff answer their calls with..."hello, this is Bob Smith, this call may be recorded, how may I help you"

8. millsey

millsey New Member

Thanks for your input.

Millsey

9. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It probably comes down to a few things...

Why are the recordings being made?

Is there a chance that the recordings will be heard by anyone that might do something like... post them on the internet, or talk about what they had heard, that would certainly be grounds for a lawsuit.

Are the recordings to be used in court? They probably won't stand up if the party was not informed.

Is it to combat theft or other crimes that the employees may be undertaking? I would think that if you just told them that all calls were being recorded (even if you actually didn't), they would be careful to use their mobiles for personal calls.

So, it comes down to how much of a risk (legally) you are willing to take, to record all calls. If there is never an intention to use the recordings (you just want them "in-case"), then, no one but a few actually know about it, unless... you confront someone with them. and then, as I said, it would probably not "hold water" in court it you had not informed them.

You may want to have a solicitor do some investigation into any lawsuits in the UK involving the recoding of conversations, depending, of course, how far you want to pursue this.

10. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

There are some pretty verbose rules regarding recording of calls in the UK (& Europe too). If you want some bed-time reading, then have a look at:
    http://www.netlawman.co.uk/acts/telecommunications-lawful-business-practice-interception-of-communications-regulations-2000.php

I did work for Racal's voice recording division at one time, and it was our understanding that there was an obligation on anybody recording calls, to ensure that both parties in the telephone call, knew that the recording was taking place. However, there was no proscribed way to do this! ... An in-queue announcement is one way, but, you may choose to simply write a phrase on your marketing material and advertising, something like ... "All our calls are monitored for training purposes ..." According to the letter of the law, that appears to be enough! Note however, that it is just as important to tell your employees that you are recording the call - and it was often suggested that a way of doing this was by inserting a clause in the employees contract of employment.

Other than that ... I agree with comments above, that you'll only need one voice recorded message, but you will need a 3CX DR entry for every DDI number, with a short e.g. 1 sec', timeout and divert to the matching extension or group.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. millsey

millsey New Member

Thanks all for useful insights.

I would put this as an enhancement request to add a message which cannot be bypassed for each inbound call to a trunk, but I don't "do" facebook.

Brian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.