• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Anonymous callers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eli55

Customer
Reaction score
Hello,

How can we play a custom message, like "Calls from Anonymous numbers are blocked, please dial from a regular line"? When you add Anonymous to blacklist numbers, it says that numbers are no longer in service.

Eli.

I would think, in one of two ways...change the destination recording used by the blacklist (which may affect other calls as well), or, forward the calls to a voicemail, or digital receptionist recording if possible (dummy extension?). I would word the recording something like... "Withheld number calls are not accepted, please unblock your number, and try your call again"

Last edited:
I would think, in one of two ways...change the destination recording used by the blacklist (which may affect other calls as well), or, forward the calls to a voicemail, or digital receptionist recording if possible (dummy extension?). I would word the recording something like... "Withheld number calls are not accepted, please unblock your number, and try your call again"

Thanks for your input. How do i change destination recording used by blacklist? There is no such option. How can i forward specific calls to a dummy extension?

You would have to do a search through the folders containing the various recordings, back up the existing recording, then create the new one giving it the same name as the original.

I have not looked into doing forwarding of anonymous calls as most forwarding based on caller ID makes use of the number, not the name. So, it may not be possible.

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manual/pbx-management/#h.regwb5464gsv/

Last edited:
You could make an inbound rule:

Inbound Rules:

New CID rule.

name:
some callers.

caller id:
*anonymous*

route call to:
voicemail box for extension:
xxx

Reactions: Eli55
You could make an inbound rule:

Inbound Rules:

New CID rule.

name:
some callers.

caller id:
*anonymous*

route call to:
voicemail box for extension:
xxx

This worked perfectly. The anonymous callers can now leave a voicemail. If anyone wants a wav recording i made, please see attachment.

Attachments

• unknowncallers.zip
    123.9 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.