Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Anonymous callers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Eli55, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eli55

Hello,

How can we play a custom message, like "Calls from Anonymous numbers are blocked, please dial from a regular line"? When you add Anonymous to blacklist numbers, it says that numbers are no longer in service.

Eli.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would think, in one of two ways...change the destination recording used by the blacklist (which may affect other calls as well), or, forward the calls to a voicemail, or digital receptionist recording if possible (dummy extension?). I would word the recording something like... "Withheld number calls are not accepted, please unblock your number, and try your call again"

#2 leejor, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
  3. Eli55

Thanks for your input. How do i change destination recording used by blacklist? There is no such option. How can i forward specific calls to a dummy extension?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would have to do a search through the folders containing the various recordings, back up the existing recording, then create the new one giving it the same name as the original.

I have not looked into doing forwarding of anonymous calls as most forwarding based on caller ID makes use of the number, not the name. So, it may not be possible.

https://www.3cx.com/docs/manage-recordings/

#4 leejor, Apr 13, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
  5. 3cxnub

You could make an inbound rule:

Inbound Rules:

New CID rule.

name:
    some callers.

caller id:
    *anonymous*

route call to:
    voicemail box for extension:
    xxx

Eli55 likes this.
  6. Eli55

This worked perfectly. The anonymous callers can now leave a voicemail. If anyone wants a wav recording i made, please see attachment.

Attached Files:

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.