Anonymous Hotline - Strip Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kelly Martin, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelly Martin

We are trying to implement a hotline that needs to be anonymous, IE, no caller ID. It need to be for just one DID and extension. I have not seen anything in the console or any searches that provide any information. Any ideas?

Thank you!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It really depends on a few factors. Are these internal or external calls you are talking about? Does the 3CX feature code (*5) to block caller ID work? Does your provider offer a feature, to block caller ID, that can be prefixed to outgoing calls made from that extension? Would putting a non-existent number in the extensions Caller Id to be displayed field work (does your provider allow that)?

3. Kelly Martin

Oops, let me clarify...I would like to strip the caller id of the incoming, external call. IE, someone from outside the system calls to report a violation. I do not want the extension or the the voicemail to have the caller id from that external call when it is delivered to the extension, so that it remains anonymous.

Thank you!

Kelly

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Have you reviewed this?
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/cid-reformatting/
    I have not tested this.
    You would want a separate provider/credentials for this as it would affect all calls on the trunk.
    Your source is probably (.*) with the replace being whatever. You would have to thoroughly test this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This isn't the most eloquent solution but it would get the job done. Send the DID to an extension that is attached using an ATA, then connect the ATA (phone cord) back into 3CX using a PSTN Gateway. An SPA3102 could do this on its own, if you can still find one. Caller ID could be "removed" in either device by setting the caller ID type to something other than used locally, or with Bellcore type CID, if the call is sent onto 3CX before the CID information is collected.. Of course the ATA and Gateway could not be set to the same type, or it would defeat the purpose. The gateway would be set to ring the desired extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.