(anonymous) incoming calls no longer completing after v15.5 SP4

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kyle Washington, Apr 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyle Washington

We just installed our first implementation of 3CX about a week ago. On Wednesday evening of this week, 4/4/2018, I installed the SP4 update. Since that time, only 1 call coming in with "(anonymous)" as the caller id has completed. I didn't draw any correlation until I received a complaint, by email, from a customer stating that they were not able to call us.

We use Patton 4114 and a Welltech gateway with POTS lines.

I didn't make any other (aside from the SP4 update) system configuration change, only some updates to individual extensions for voicemail and BLF changes.

Any thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

Hi Kyle,

This is the first time I have ever known someone using 2 different vendors gateways on a single site.

How many lines do you have in total ? Are the gateways running the upto date firmware versions?

If calls are failing what is the result when you call and have you tried tracing this from 3CX?

Also are these lines running any other services on the lines themselves ? In the UK you can get PBX-like features on analogue lines this is called feature line, have you confirmed with your provider that something like this is not present?

3. Kyle Washington

We have seven lines coming in on to our offices, three on the Welltech and one on a Patton and three on another Patton. We have different trunk hardware because we were experimenting with hardware and didn't see a noticeable difference between the two. It's set up that way because each set of lines need to ring to different phones than the others and it was the only way I could figure out how to get it to work.

I don't know how to purposely initiate an anonymous incoming call, so I don't have any way to test. I don't know what you mean by "tracing from 3CX".

Our lines are running on what our provider calls "centrex", which does offer PBX-like features that w don't use - we are only on that system because it was a cheaper option.

I have verified that we don't have any blacklisted settings.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You need to determine what is blocking the calls. The 3CX Activity logs should show this if you can replicate the problem, from an outside phone. Have you made changes, in the past, to block anonymous calls? Does the issue seem to be only with calls that have no, or withheld caller ID?
    Centrex service will generally only offer additional dialling features, require an access digit (8 or 9), or allow 4 or 5 digit dialling to other Centrex "members" of your customer group. Features vary from one provider to another, but the physical "analogue" line will remain the same.

If some caller IDs do not seem to be getting through, then the call may be "presented" (setting in the gateway sometimes called Answer Delay) to 3CX before the CID information has been collected. This can happen when using Bellcore type caller ID as it is sent between the first and second ring.

#4 leejor, Apr 6, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  5. eddv123

eddv123 Well-Known Member

I understand your setup. You can split the lines as you want with a single gateway but this would require either a manual configuration on the Patton or configuring multiple SIP trunks on 3CX.
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/custom-configuration-patton-4114.49691/

FYI Patton do have a gateway that supports the amount of FXO lines that you have in a single box also.

For resolution of this issue you need to trace, from 3CX would be useful although the Patton itself has a very detailed log if run from its CLI:
    https://www.patton.com/support/kb_art.asp?art=327&

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.