• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Answer button on Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

georgewillow

Premier Customer
Reaction score
Ok, we bought some different USB headsets to try with 3cx phone for windows. I can't get the answer button to answer or hang up calls on the 3cx phone. We have a Jabra UC Voice 550 and a Plantronics Blackwire c315. We also upgraded to 3cx Professional Edition. Any ideas? Isn't the phone button supposed to answer and hang up calls?

I have the same issue with Jabra Pro 930s. I have noticed on some windows 7 machines though it works to hang up only

My problem was I didn't have the Jabra software installed. I didn't realize that was a requirement.

Here are the notes for all this to work. I don't know if it's written somewhere so I put it here.

1. Jabra and Plantronics require their software installed.
2. Plantronics software supports only one headset connected at a time while Jabra can handle multiple headsets.
3. There might be some old headsets which are not supported by their current software so they won't be supported in 3CXPhone. I know at least one such headset for Plantronics.
4. You need Demo, Pro or Standard license on PBX
5. For headset to work you should select it's device at least as audio "Speaker" device
6. You can have two ringtones simultaneously if you leave audio "Ringing" device set to your PC. Now the PC and Headset will ring together.
7. If your headset becomes unavailable 3CXPhone will switch to Primary Driver. It's not possible to switch audio devices during the call. If afterwards your headset is available again it will be selected.
8. There are some nonobvious features of headset buttons. For example on some headsets long button press or double button press can cause some special behavior.
9. Don't press headset buttons for fun :) When you press a button headset goes "online". Some of them turns off automatically after some seconds, some don't and 3CXPhone tries to put them "offline" for itself. Anyway use buttons only when you want some actions.

Hope that's all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.