Answer Delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by dominicbatty, Nov 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dominicbatty

Hi , I would like to find a way to delay the initial answering of a call coming in from our VOIP provider so that called hear a ringing tone before immediately hearing the "Welcome to A.B.C...". What is basically happening is that they call our VOIP number and before they have chance to realise what is going on the digital assistant has picked up the line and is going through it's spiel which they miss half of.

What I need is some way to say "Don't pick up the line for xx seconds". Obviously it will need to do some sort of pick up as it needs to provide a ringing tone to the caller but I think you will see what I mean from this post.

Cheers, Dom.

2. worksighted

worksighted New Member

You could do something as simple as add a little white space at the beginning of your DR recording. In this case the call will get answered and even thought the caller will still miss the first few seconds, it will just be dead air anyway so they wont know the difference.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dominicbatty

Mike, yes agreed, and thanks for your suggestion, the problem is that it is more of a concept problem. When a user calls a normal PBX you nearly always hear a ringing tone and with VOIP systems (our lines come in through our VOIP provider on a dedicated ADSL line) there always seems to be that sort of delay while establishing a call and then suddenly someone answers.

I just wondered if there was some sort of "Number of Rings to Answer" option we had in our old PBX.

Cheers, Dom.

4. worksighted

worksighted New Member

Such an option doesnt exist directly on the DRs when coming in on VoIP. I think we would need to find a little roundabout solution to this.

Mike

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. ess

ess New Member

We are a small shop, and we have the phone ring twice, then go to the DR. In our situation, the phones actually ring in case we recognize the caller id and don't want the caller to have to go through the DR. To do this, incoming calls go to a ring group. Have it ring for 8 seconds or so. Then if not answered, send it to the DR. You'll have to add a dummy extension in your case, and im not sure how well this will work if its not registered. But, you can give it a shot. I'm out of the office and can't try it.

6. worksighted

worksighted New Member

you can do what time says if you want an actual phone to ring first. But if you use a dummy extension it will immediately bypass it if its unregistered and go right to the DR. I tried that out.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.