Solved Answered call showing as abandonded

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Alex Howard, Aug 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Howard

We are getting ready to start using the wallboard in our call center and I wanted to do some spot checking to see that is was reporting accurately. I have a few calls that I cannot figure out. Here is a good example.

Call came into reception, no one logged into reception Q so the call was FWD to our Customer care Q
    Call answered by Customer care, spoke for 1:50 and then hung up.

The individual call report show this accurately. The abandoned calls report for the Customer care Q shows the call was abandoned and the wallboard counted it as an abandoned call. I would expect it to show abandoned for the reception Q but not the Customer care Q.

What am I missing here?

this is the call detail report
    upload_2017-8-1_15-22-8.png
    This is from the abandoned Q calls report
    upload_2017-8-1_15-22-38.png

We would like to start using the wallboard but have to be able to trust it.

Thanks
    Alex

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Alex Howard,

That would indicate that the call was picked up by the user while the Q was not polling that user probably with a dial code. That will make the call look as abandoned in the Q.
    Can you replicate this scenario and answer the call normally from the Q and see if you are getting the same results in the reports?

3. Alex Howard

HI YiannisH,

I have found more instances of this happening. My agents are not answering their phones in any other way that just picking up the phone. It seems to only happen when calls are not picked up by reception and get transferred into our customer care Q. Why would this show as abandoned in the Customer Care Q and not in the reception Q?

Thanks
    Alex

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I am afraid i cannot answer this question without looking at the exact call flow and the logs of the PBX. If you have the ability to open a ticket to our support portal please do so, so we can review your configuration and the call flow and determine the cause.

5. Alex Howard

Hi YiannisH,

Thanks for the help on this, I was able to find the problem. Our receptionist was setting up a call fwd on calls during her break and at other random times from her desk phone. This seemed to cause the calls to go into and out of the queues showing them as abandoned. Now that she has stopped doing this I have not seen any more improperly counted abandoned calls.

Alex

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.