• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Answering calls on a bridged 3CX PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

schut

Customer
Basic Certified
Reaction score
I've got a scenario where I have bridged 3CX V11 on 2 different locations. The bridge works fine and in MyPhone I get an additional tab for the "other" 3CX

But, on the advertisement it says I can answer calls from the other PBX. Currently, I can not see when a call arrives on the other PBX. I'm assuming it is a user-right thing, but after putting every (test-)extension in the MANAGEMENT-group I'm still unable to do so.

My question is, how to fix that ?

Hi,

Can you please tell me where did read this feature? You cannot pickup a call from a remote PBX. You can do a lot of other stuff but not pickup a call remotely.

Hello,

I've found this on your website:

http: //www.3cx.com/blog/voip-articles/seeing-bridged-pbxs-3cx-myphone/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
You can answer incoming calls from any office, share phone lines across many locations and effortlessly transfer calls to other offices.

If this is not possible, what would be a good work-around? Rightnow on PBX-A I have all incoming calls routed to a Ring Group with a RingAll-strategy. Theoretically I could add an extension to this RingAll group which is set up in such a way that it is ringing to an extension on PBX-B, so I can "then" shuffle this call around on the other PBX-B, but it would complicate the matter.

Regardless of work-arounds and misunderstandings, my scenario is that we want to be able to answer calls on a bridged 3CX-PBX. What would be the best work-around for this scenario ?

Hi,

If you mean this phrase : "You can answer incoming calls from any office" it means that you can be called over the bridge for any location or you can select inbound rules to redirect incoming calls over the bridge.

For your scenario, it depends what kind of incoming calls do you want to be routed over the bridge. In case of calls coming to a ring group, create a dummy extension, set forwarding rules for Away status to forward calls to another bridge destination (this could be also a ring group from the other bridge) and all calls will ring on both sides.

You will have to set the ring groups up in order to direct those calls to the other PBX, phones at the other location will not simply ring because the system is bridged.

Not trying to hijack this thread but a question about the bridges. If you send an inbound call from one PBX across the bridge to the second is the audio delivered by 3cx for the duration of the call or does it just do call setup and then the audio stream would be directly between the phone on the other side of the bridge and the voice gateway?

Specifically if the call came in on a PRI with a gateway, not using a voip provider.

netswork said:
Not trying to hijack this thread but a question about the bridges. If you send an inbound call from one PBX across the bridge to the second is the audio delivered by 3cx for the duration of the call or does it just do call setup and then the audio stream would be directly between the phone on the other side of the bridge and the voice gateway?

Specifically if the call came in on a PRI with a gateway, not using a voip provider.

I presume this depends if the devices are capable of the SIP-method "INVITE"/"REINVITE".

I'm pretty sure if the PRI-gateway is capable of this, the 3CX server will manage the REINVITE to the new 3CX-server, but this might be complicated if there's no direct path available to this new server.. So it depends on your network-topology, I think.

always selectt audio delivered by pbx when using remote/external extensions, when using sip proxy manager with multiple handsets or bridging systems.

Hi,
I am a little confused by the responses on this thread. I am currently negotiating a sale to a customer who will have two bridged sites. Each site will have ISDN Basic rate for their incoming calls.

With their current system they can:

- Have calls for both sites only ring and be answered at their main site
-Answer all calls at the main site and transfer them back to the secondary site where appropriate.

I have told them that they will have the ability for their main receptionist to have caller ID of all calls (i.e. from both locations) integrate with the CRM program so she can see which customer is calling.

Is there any issue with making this work?

thanks heaps

viktech said:
Hi,
I am a little confused by the responses on this thread. I am currently negotiating a sale to a customer who will have two bridged sites. Each site will have ISDN Basic rate for their incoming calls.

With their current system they can:

- Have calls for both sites only ring and be answered at their main site
-Answer all calls at the main site and transfer them back to the secondary site where appropriate.

I have told them that they will have the ability for their main receptionist to have caller ID of all calls (i.e. from both locations) integrate with the CRM program so she can see which customer is calling.

Is there any issue with making this work?

thanks heaps

Will there be a receptionist at both locations, or does one receptionist handle all calls for both locations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.