Implemented answering iOS Phone DONE

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by 3CX-IDEAS, Sep 28, 2015.

1. 3CX-IDEAS

Answer 3cx calls from locked mobile - IN PROGRESS / DONE

In a corporate environment mobiles connected to Microsoft Exchange are forced to set passwords and lock after a set time interval. It is possible to answer incoming mobile calls from a locked phone without unlocking but it is not possible to answer a incoming 3cx call without unlocking. It would be great to be able to answer the call quicker when the screen is locked!

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Re: Answer 3cx calls from locked mobile

This is possible on iOS already

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Be able to answer the call without unlocking the phone - behave like a normal phone.
    This is probably an Apple restriction - but it is wishful thinking and perhaps Apple has some guidelines on how to work with this restriction and overcome it for specific application types.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

This is already done in v14 in latest client on iOS. Before posting ideas, please check the latest versions that the feature is not already there. Otherwise it just becomes impossible to moderate this forum.

5. craigreilly

The link in the welcome email is where I downloaded the iOS app from.
    I see now after flipping thru 1/2 dozen webpages that a new version is pending. But there is no mention of the changes in that iOS App: http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/service-pack-1-v14/

Note: perhaps my understand of unlock and your understanding are different.
    I have to enter my PIN to answer a call. I do not do that with a normal phone call.

6. craigreilly

Re: Answer 3cx calls from locked mobile - IN PROGRESS / DONE

I can not get this to work. Always have to enter my PIN.

7. Gerald Warren

I have the same issue with iOS. A call ringing the 3CXPhone app on my iPhone when it is locked will not answer without first having the PIN entered or fingerprint read. By that time, the call has usually ended.

8. craigreilly

SP3 - same issue remains. I can not answer the call in time.
    I wish 3cx would re-comment on this.

9. craigreilly

For anyone following - been informed to swipe RIGHT to LEFT on the notification.

10. blushiftwireless

I would like to be able to silence a ringing 3cx call on my iphone. Is there a way?

11. actbig

Take a look there
    mute-incoming-call-function-for-3cxphone-on-android-and-ios-44669.html

by the way. If a call comes in, the display is still locked and it's not possible to answer the call. Android Version 6.0

12. craigreilly

So swiping the opposite way on iOS allows you to accept or reject call without unlocking the phone.