"Answering Machine" rather than Voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Camaro_OD, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camaro_OD

Hallo Fellow-3CX-ers,

When out of the office/home (SOHO) calls can be diverted to the voicemail of a certain extension.

In my case I would rather like to have callers listen to a message after which the call will be terminated without the possibility to record a message than have callers listen to a message and record messages.

I would like to let my relations know I'm out of office/home without causing me the trouble of listening to unneccessary voicemails in which mostly only a short click would be audible!

Does v12 of 3CX offer such a feature?

I've been looking across the forum, but found no satisfying result(s).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Greetings,

Hans

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you want certain callers to reach a different message, then you could make use of call forwarding based on caller ID. Send them to another extensions VM with a message just for them. No matter which voicemail box callers reach you can't prevent caller from leaving a message, you can however "discourage" it. As a part of your outgoing message, you can say that "this mailbox does not accept messages", or something to that affect. You can leave a long space after your outgoing message, or add on a busy tone. This, along with how you message is worded (informational, rather than "I'm not here, leave a message"), of your outgoing message should prevent callers from thinking that you want them to leave a message.

If none of that works for you, you can always disable voicemail and plug in an answering machine that has message "taking" disabled.

3. paul1

You could setup a Digital Receptionist with the appropriate message recorded then terminate the call at the end of the message.

4. Camaro_OD

Thanks Paul1,

This option works like a charm!! :D :D

Greetz,

Hans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.