Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

"Answering Machine" rather than Voicemail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Camaro_OD, Mar 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camaro_OD

Hallo Fellow-3CX-ers,

When out of the office/home (SOHO) calls can be diverted to the voicemail of a certain extension.

In my case I would rather like to have callers listen to a message after which the call will be terminated without the possibility to record a message than have callers listen to a message and record messages.

I would like to let my relations know I'm out of office/home without causing me the trouble of listening to unneccessary voicemails in which mostly only a short click would be audible!

Does v12 of 3CX offer such a feature?

I've been looking across the forum, but found no satisfying result(s).

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Greetings,

Hans

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you want certain callers to reach a different message, then you could make use of call forwarding based on caller ID. Send them to another extensions VM with a message just for them. No matter which voicemail box callers reach you can't prevent caller from leaving a message, you can however "discourage" it. As a part of your outgoing message, you can say that "this mailbox does not accept messages", or something to that affect. You can leave a long space after your outgoing message, or add on a busy tone. This, along with how you message is worded (informational, rather than "I'm not here, leave a message"), of your outgoing message should prevent callers from thinking that you want them to leave a message.

If none of that works for you, you can always disable voicemail and plug in an answering machine that has message "taking" disabled.

3. paul1

You could setup a Digital Receptionist with the appropriate message recorded then terminate the call at the end of the message.

4. Camaro_OD

Thanks Paul1,

This option works like a charm!! :D :D

Greetz,

Hans

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.