Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Answers in speaker phone

Discussion in 'Android' started by scott, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott

I have a Samsung Moment with Android 2.1 and 3CXPhone 14 and I'm connecting to Callcentric over 3G. When ever I place a call or answer a call the phone is automatically switched into speaker mode. This is not something that occurs when I make a regular cellular call.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

When you are making this call, which Dialer are you using?
    The Phone's internal Dialer? Or the 3CXPhone's dialer?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. scott

I'm using the 3CX dialer and have the 3CX phone set to not redirect my regular calls. I chose to manually enable the 3CX phone and the quit the application when I'm done testing.

When I first launch the app and start dialing the tones come through the phones earpiece. As soon as I go off-hook the first time the speaker is activated but the 3CX phone indicates that it is in "Earpiece" mode. From this point forward my phone stays in speaker mode for all functions including the built-in cellular dialer. I have to make a cellular call and then turn off the speaker phone to get it back to normal mode.

I have tried toggling from "Earpiece" to "Speaker" and than back to "Earpiece" but it no matter what mode is indicated the speaker stays active.

4. flavor8

Same issue reported in:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/speaker-issue-16295.html
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/call-att-connection-call-charles-schwab-weirdnes-16186.html

5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

One last question, do you have a VoIP Provider configured on your 3CXPhone?
    Or are you connected to a PBX that has a VoIP Provider account setup on it when making this call?

6. scott

Hi Leonidas,

Right now I have just be playing with it connected to CallCentric via the 3G interface only. I haven't registered it with my 3CX box yet. I'm going to be upgrading it to version 9 this weekend and will try that as well to see if it acts differently.

Also, I downloaded the new build 17 and there are no changes.

Scott...

7. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

We've just found the issue regarding the Speaker Phone answering all calls, we are currently working on it. It seems the exact same thing can happen even with the Android's Internal Dialer for Normal GSM Calls, hopefully this is something we can fix from our side and is not an "Android" bug.

8. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Scott,

I'm currently investigating this issue, and i was wondering if you could tell me... Do you listen to Mp3's on your Android phone?
    Do you ever plug in headphones to it?

9. scott

Hi Leonidas,

No to both questions. I have only had the phone for a few weeks as a replacement for my Treo and I'm still figuring out the Android machine. I haven't taken the time to plug in a headset or listen to music on it yet. If you like, I'd be happy to try. Just let me know if you have a particular test protocol you'd like me to follow.

Scott...

10. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It's ok, no need to worry we've identified the issue and we are working on it to fix it.

11. scott

Hi Leonidas,

I downloaded the new build (version 20) and I still get the same speakerphone symptoms. I upgraded in place and rebooted the phone.

Scott...

12. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Can you please reproduce the issue, install Sendlog from the Market, generate a "Process" report and send it to my mail at lg@3cx.com for review?

13. scott

Hi Leonidas,

I just sent the process report after makimg a call that switched into speaker phone mode on its own.

Scott...

14. c-fischer

Hi, i,m using V 1.2.3.1 on android (ACER E400) and have similar the same problem: Audio in 3CX Softphone ignores my bluetooth headset and uses the phone instead. When i´m using GSM everything works fine!

15. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Scott:
    I've received your logs regarding the Speakerphone issue.
    I'll have the dev check em out.

c-fischer
    That's something i'll have to check out for myself. I'll let you know if this is something that we need to fix.

16. brav

Any updates to this? I have exactly same prob on droid 1...thanks!

17. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi,

The above is a known issue and will be addressed in a later version of the 3CXPhone for Android.

It would be helpful if you could install an application called: Sendlog from the market, replicate the issue, collect and send me the "Process" logs at lg@3cx.com

18. Sarah Hastings

You sure its not an android bug??? so why doesn't it happen on other phones..??

19. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I didn't say it's not a bug.
    If you read my post above i'm asking for logs to help me out here :mrgreen:

Again, this will be fixed in the next version of the 3CXPhone for Android which will hopefully be soon.

20. Sarah Hastings

Oh sorry, I didn't noticed.
    So that means I should not buy this one and cannot recommend for 3CX phone, till a new version is launched? what about the fix you have mentioned? is it a reliable solution?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.