Anti SPAM

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by eagle2, Aug 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

The forum becomes more and more nonoperational because of excessive spam.

I would suggest to site admins allowing new users to join after registering (verified e-mail) and downloading successfully the 3CX PhoneSystem or another criteria to filter out spammers.

Also, if once a spam is detected, the IP address of spammer to be blocked for month or so.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nbailey

nbailey Member

Hello,

Yes you are correct, something is in the works to combat this problem and I do thank our forum users who report this spam and for your patience while a solution is rectified. I know it is bothersome especially when your trying to get answers and end up with 14 posts about dog food.

Thanks,

Nate

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Hi Nate,

Just an idea -- it would be great before new user start posting in the forum, the site admin to review manually his post (at least the first 3 posts). If the post makes sense -- OK, being published, otherwise the user and his IP address been blocked.

Other option is to ask for credit card details, the card to be verified before first publishing and the user being warned of penalty (€200 / $250) for spamming (the user must agree online, before publishing).

Regards,
    Orlin.

4. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

there is even spam about spam lol

5. nbailey

nbailey Member

I almost didn't want to delete it lol.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Limit "first posts" to one. Then no new posts allowed for a 2 day "cooling off period", unless they have downloaded 3CX PBX. If the first post hasn't been flagged for deletion in the following two days, then they're in.

Most spammers seem to be posting multiple times as soon as they register, and they have no interest in downloading the PBX.

7. mylove4life

mylove4life New Member

most of the spammers only do 1 post

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.