• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Any iPhone app that supports paging and intercom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobotto

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anybody know of any iPhone app that support paging and intercom functions of 3CX
Thanks in advance for any insights. :)

- Bob

As those functions tend towards the business community,and are a bit specialized (even down to specific PBXs), it's probably expecting a bit much at this point . The vast majority of SIP on iPhone users will probably just be happy that they can make and receive calls as 99.9% will be using a SIP provider and not a PBX. If there is enough demand, I'm sure it will come.

The problem is that the SIP clients do not run in the background yet so there is no way to do this even if a SIP phone had auto-answer ability. When OS 4 comes out, this could change with the multitasking ability.

I have to agree with everyone yet, the paging features with push capabilities would not be difficult to do. But the reason why such features dont exist is because they are currently targeting the wider market, rather then the PBX market. Altough VOIP over 3G is becoming increasing popular, there still seems a long way to go before people really make the change and elimnate all these hefty phone bills. 3CX is working hard towards this dream.

You're pretty screwed when it comes to those kind of features.

Currently iPhone / Mobile Phone apps are kept to the bare minimum of capabilities, and most apps still have a lot of issues since their developers don't put too much effort / time into them.

Paging is something you probably won't be seeing for a while.

Hi, I don't understand why you said that push is not ready yet. I use it with Acrobits and Trixbox and its working #1

But I'am currently testing 3CX, and I found that its a great product , but I cannot make push working.

I'am on 9 Beta 2, mabe someting new ?

Any ideas ?

Hi,

I never said push is not ready yet, you have misunderstood my post, I use the iphone daily with push functionality to retrieve phone calls.

3CX works perfectly with push and has been for a while now, verison 9 hasnt removed that feature, and it does not require the pbx to support it.

1. Use acrobits for push fucntionality, reason being they do it somewhat well and others simply dont.
2. You must: 1 not have wifi on,
2. Play around with the discover global ip and proxy until you get it to work.

Reason is that it is still quite buggy, and it take me next to 10 minutes to setup an iphone with 3CX to use it considering that amout of diffreneces require, there is one simple guide but rahter a custom job at this point. Expect 3CX to work towads elimnating a creating a 3 step solution to solve such requirments for our users. Until then play play play with the settings until you get it right!

Again 3CX has nothing go to do with the funcitonality of push as a PBX since a registration is done to apples push servers and the calls are pushed there, the pbx knows no diffrent for it its simply just another VOIP phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.