Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Any suggestions for SPA500S LED stability?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by efounco, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efounco

efounco New Member

Using firmware revision 7.4.7 or higher, I've noticed a bit of instability with the LEDs on our SPA500S sidecars (SPA504G). The BLF lights will randomly go/stay orange on some of the buttons for no reason. I'm not 100% sure, but it appears to happen more often if the user has a voice mail message. For some reason 7.4.6 seems to be much more stable, but I lose a lot of functionality and bug fixes downgrading to this firmware. Does anyone have any suggestions regarding this issue (i.e. settings)? Thanks for your time!

2. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I prefer recently to use the new Panasonic KX-UT1xx series SIP phones. Models UT133 and UT136 have built-in BLF panel (24 buttons) and works better with 3CX than Cisco SPA5xx. All functions like blind and attended transfer, paging, parking, speed-dials, voice-mail work excellently and without unnecessary key strokes (blind transfer is just two key presses, as well as the attended transfer -- just the function key and the extension button). Firmware 1.025 is certified by Panasonic for operation with 3CX (and Asterisk and Broadsoft).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. efounco

efounco New Member

Yeah, those Panasonic phones look really nice. A friend of mine recently installed a Panasonic hybrid PBX/VOIP system. From mounting the rails to fully installed it took him ~3 hours.

I got a really good deal on these Cisco phones otherwise I might have purchased something else. I've made a couple of adjustments to the attendant settings. For now, it seems to be holding out on the few phones I have the ability to test with. Only time will tell...

4. efounco

efounco New Member

Everything had been working OK for the last couple days. I disabled NIC teaming/fall over on the server, flashed the phones with 7.4.8a, added a delay start up of 5s to the sidecar and disabled the second unit by default.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.