Any suggestions on Eliminating Echo on Patton

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by superior1, Oct 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superior1

We still get a little echo on our patton 4110 gateway. I worked with Patton, but the problem still exist. Does anyone have a 100% flawless Patton gateway and 3cx onpremise setup?

We have "other" open source pbx on premise solutions with onboard FXO cards, that are 100% no echo. I just love the 3cx, but cant seem to completely eliminate the echo.

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

It is not a 3CX issue.

Echo is the result of too much energy being inserted into the PSTN line and as a result, a part of the energy not being able to be "absorbed", is reflected back; hence the echo.

You may need to look inside the Patton for a gain setting for transmit. If it was provisioned by 3CX, then you may also need to look in the provisioning file for a similar setting and adjust it to be what you manually set in the Patton.

The best way to test is to get a cheap analog phone and make calls on each line and note if any echo or other issue is noted. If so, then a call to the telephone company may be in order as the Patton most likely will not be able to overcome the issue. If all is clean, then you will need to make calls thru the Patton, but disconnect all the FXO lines but one so the call is forced to use the only available line. Keep doing this until you have checked all the lines one at a time as it could be that only some are sensitive to the issue.

3. neville

neville New Member

I have never eliminated all echo from Patton units. I have them on a multitude of providers and always have echo. I have tried everything ever suggested but the echo is still an issue.

I will not sell a 3cx any longer if the client cannot do SIP or PRI's. This keeps me from selling in lots of locations, but the headache is not worth it.

If you ever find an answer, please post it.

Chuck

4. tech10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.