Any way to change the behavior of the voicemail system?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by efounco, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efounco

efounco New Member

Ideally I would like to make it repeat the voicemail menu options X amount of times and then disconnect instead of sitting there indefinitely (in silence) waiting for a menu selection. For some strange reason one of our phones got stuck in the voicemail system overnight and tied a line up for 10+ hours. The user was completely clueless and continued about their business using line 2 3 and 4 without ever disconnecting from voicemail. It’s not a huge deal internally, but I DO see where this might become an issue if it happened to an outside caller...

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Good idea, sounds like you need to submit a suggestion to...http://3cx.ideascale.com/

Any automated system, that you end up in, should time out after a while, (no activity), regardless if the caller is still connected.

3. efounco

efounco New Member

I agree. There should also be an option in the digital receptionist menu to repeat the anouncement X amount of times and then disconnect. I'm using 4 duplicate menus per input to emulate this feature. It's very ugly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.