Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Any way to change the behavior of the voicemail system?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by efounco, Nov 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. efounco

efounco New Member

Ideally I would like to make it repeat the voicemail menu options X amount of times and then disconnect instead of sitting there indefinitely (in silence) waiting for a menu selection. For some strange reason one of our phones got stuck in the voicemail system overnight and tied a line up for 10+ hours. The user was completely clueless and continued about their business using line 2 3 and 4 without ever disconnecting from voicemail. It’s not a huge deal internally, but I DO see where this might become an issue if it happened to an outside caller...

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Good idea, sounds like you need to submit a suggestion to...http://3cx.ideascale.com/

Any automated system, that you end up in, should time out after a while, (no activity), regardless if the caller is still connected.

3. efounco

efounco New Member

I agree. There should also be an option in the digital receptionist menu to repeat the anouncement X amount of times and then disconnect. I'm using 4 duplicate menus per input to emulate this feature. It's very ugly!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.