Any way to Mimic Asterisk BLF

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tjabaut, Dec 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Is there any way that can mimic the way that asterisk BLF works with the Grandstream GXP series?

I was hoping with the partnership with grandstream that some joint development might come out that would work as follows:

http://grandstream.com/documents/GXP2000BLFwithAsteriskConfiguration.pdf

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. nexsip

V5 supports BLF with grandstream and snom

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Tjabaut,

We have tested Grandstream with our BLF feature and it works. However there are many Grandstream firmware versions and it might make a difference.

Also, you need to have your NFR key active - BLF is not available in the free version.

Please mail me personally if the issue persists and i will follow it up. (ng at 3cx.com)

4. scottyork

Hi,

This works for me fine but on Grandstream latest firmware (1.1.5.15) the phone intermittently reboots.

On earlier firmware it works nicely with no additional config in 3CX.

5. Spitz

I have raised this issue with Grandstream on the 2020 model as phone keeps freezin etc.

6. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

What option on the grandsteams do you use. Asterisk BLF, eventlist BLF, Prescense Server, etc.

7. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

I also want to know this, for its not working even the MWI and its a small business licence, or our NFR key also neither WMI or BLF works

8. silentfun

silentfun Member

i have that working on v5 and latest FW of the 2020 but there was some issues where the status have not changed. it seems that it do not work with a request. i thing the phone only recognize changes after it is online. and sometimes it miss some changes.

Andy

9. tjabaut

tjabaut New Member

Bump....

Nick, or someone at 3CX could you help answer this.

10. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

This should be a problem with the phone itself i mean the gxp2000

11. marcovalli

BLF don't work

I have the V5 and NFR Key activate. I have tried some GXP 2000 in bundle with GXP 2000 and BT100/200. I have notate that the BLF don't work correctly.
    In this moment for example i have a blink red on the bottom 1 but the ext. is free ( green point in 3CX screen ).
    Can you help me ?

Thank You.

12. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

'Asterisk BLF' is properly working on some firmwares (I can not tell exact version numbers, but I've heard that latest firmware doesn't work properly, I suppose 1.14.something should work).

'Presence Server' option is also working (available on some latest firmwares only), but keep in mind, that presence will show you only registration status of an extension. It will NOT show if an extension is in a call or something.

Also, BLF greatly works for Snom phones.

13. marcovalli

BLF

Hi archie, thank for your response.
    I have tried the old firmware 1.1.4 and today i have installed the 1.1.5.... but the problem is the same.....

thank you.

Marco

14. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Try to google for asetrisk forums and boards. There you can find which firmware works properly.

15. claudiocaprara

blf works but is not perfect. my grandstreem gxp 2000 have following configuration
    Software Version: Program-- 1.1.4.18 Bootloader-- 1.1.4.6

on start up all the light are off , if an ext become busy, lamp become red

at the end call , lamp go back to green if user have 3cxvoip client or gxp2000, but if user have a bt200, when call end the lamp stay red. if you call again the ext. you see it red and then green.

don't know if thi is caused by a mismatched cofngiruation of bt 200 , but bt200 have not large option to be configured.

Sometime lamp stay red also when u receive a group call, the ext that have not answered the call appare busy but it isn't

16. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

We're working on improving it right now. You will see good results quite soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.