Any way to programatically initiate a call?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sbussinger, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sbussinger

Is there any support for programatically initiating calls in the 3CX PBX?

I'm looking to replace an Asterisk server and one feature we're currently using is an auto-dial button in our internal customer support software that uses the Asterisk Management Interface to initiate a call. Basically you click the button on the screen and it causes the Asterisk PBX to call your desk. Once you pick it up, it automatically initiates a connection to the client's number. (It sounds more complicated that it actually is, and works pretty well.) Is there some equivalent functionality we can use with 3CX? It's a custom written application so it doesn't have to support any particular API.

I do see "TAPI driver for integration with CRM" listed in the chart comparing the different versions of the software. It's listed as a Enterprise only feature. I assume that this would do the job, but does it exist yet and is there any chance of getting it in one of the lower level SKU's?

2. silentfun

silentfun Member

this is avalible now

it is calles "makecall.php"

How can I launch a call from a web based CRM package?
    3CX Phone System allows you to easily integrate calling functionality into any web based CRM package, or in deed any software that can make HTTP post requests.

To launch a call to a particular number, simply generate an HTTP post request in the following format

http://localhost:5481/make_call.php?extnum=102&vmpin=102&to=105

Where:

Localhost – is the IP or name of the 3CX Phone System server.
    extnum – is the extension number of the user placing the call
    vmpin – is the voice mail pin number of the user placing the call
    to – is the destination number. This must include any prefixes necessary.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bartus

Could anyone tell me how to do such a POST from a webpage?
    I looks like a normal GET. But this doesn't seem to work.
    I have used curl to do a post, just for testing. But what is the data part then? The complete url?

I would like to make a demo of 'click _to_call' with this feature by having an internal phonedirectorylisting on an intranetpage.

And is this feature (make_call.php) also available in the free version?

Thanks,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.