Any way to use a SIM card with 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Razva, Jun 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razva

Is there any way I can connect a SIM card to a device, connect that device to a 3CX server and use that device->SIM as a Trunk? Basically I would like to "3CX my mobile phone". :)

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

You can use the supported beroNet Analog GSM
    https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/
    Or the in v14 supported and now unsupported Portech MV-37x GSM Gateway (I use several devices without issues)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Razva

Looks interesting! Maybe there's a way to "connect the SIM" to the LAN (as a gateway), and then connect 3CX to that gateway?

The main idea is can't use a fixed line (no coverage).

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

The Portech’s I use (customers and I) are all connected to the same LAN as the PBX’s reside and are used as backup if there are issues with the Internet or landlines.

If there are problems with internet/landlines, then all VoIP traffic (in and out) runs over the gateway, so we are always connected with the outside world.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Razva

Sounds very interesting! Can you recommend me a specific model? I'm on the cheap side, I'll just use one SIM for my personal use (everything else will go through the SIP Trunk).

6. Razva

Long story short. I had a small startup and 'till now everybody was calling my personal phone (mobile) number. At this point the startup is growing and I'm receiving too many calls => the need for 3CX that routes calls to my assistant, sales person etc.

The main issue at this point is that when I'm calling from the SIP Trunk nobody is answering because they don't know the number; so for now I need to make calls from that SIM.

Yes, I know that I can redirect the incoming calls to the 3CX DID and use my mobile phone to make calls, but that would mean carrying two smartphones (my "business phone" and my "personal phone") and I really hate that this scenario, or get a dual-sim Android phone (which I won't as I'm an Apple user).

So my requirement are kinda be simple:
    - redirect the SIM calls to the SIP DID (which I already do) - CHECKED
    - make calls from the SIM through 3CX - ?

7. AlexFL

Just have the SIP Trunk use your mobile number as caller ID. Everyone will think you are calling from your SIM.

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What about porting your mobile number over to the VoIP provider. Incoming calls could be set to "Ring my mobile at the same time", so you would receive them on your other mobile number, or, you could use the 3CX App for incoming and outgoing calls over that trunk.

9. onix

Hello,

I successfully use a Yeastar TG100 VoIP GSM gateway with 3CX.

You can configure it into 3CX as a specific trunk to route the external call. You can also receive into 3CX the calls through the SIM.

Best regards.

10. Razva

Unfortunately this is not legal in Europe.

Unfortunately mobile phone numbers cannot be ported to VoIP/landline providers in Romania.

Thanks, I'll search for it and see where this goes!

11. 10m

10m

Hi Onix.

I have a Yeastar TG800. I'm having difficulties setting up outgoing calls with my 3CX installation. The incoming, no problem. The outgoing gives error 404. Somehow the Yeastar is not routing the calls out.

Please share with me how you setup for outgoing calls on your PBX.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.