Anybody know 3CX feature (star) codes?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by igor.snezhko, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I found list of Asterisk codes. Is it work on 3CX?

Asterisk End User Features

*62 Schedule wakeup call
    *69 Last Caller Info
    *411 Directory
    *60 Time
    *61 Weather
    *70 Call Waiting Activate
    *71 Call Waiting Deactivate
    *90 Call Forward on Busy Activate
    *91 Call Forward on Busy Deactivate
    *72 Call Forwarding Activate
    *73 Call Forwarding Deactivate
    *78 Do-Not-Disturb Activate
    *79 Do-Not-Disturb Deactivate
    *97 Dial to access your voicemail
    *98 Dial to access your voicemail (will ask for your extension)

Administrative Phone Features

*43 Echo Test
    666 Fax Test
    7777 Incoming Call Simulation
    *77 IVR Recording
    888XX Silent Monitoring - Listens to the conversation on a specified Zap channel
    (No indication is given to the other parties)
    378XX Direct Trunk Select (Zap only)

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

There are a few:
    *20*ext# will pickup a ringing extension
    *4ext# to transfer directly to voicemail
    *0(0-9) to park a call
    *1(0-9) to unpark the call

There might be a few more but those are the only ones I know of.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Halea

Halea New Member

I am having difficulties to use any of the star codes on my system. Regardless which phone I use (several VOIP, several analog over ATAs) the * character doesn't seem to be recognized by 3CX. Do I need to do anything in my configuration so that those codes are monitored?
    Thanks for any help.
    Halea

4. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

We have had experience with some phones that doesn't send '*' as DTMF (it seems they have some special actions when * is dialed). So, we've provided possibility to reprogram dial codes. 3CXPhoneSystem.ini has section [dialcodes]. Below are shown default values:
    [dialcodes]
    pickup = *20
    park = *0
    unpark = *1
    vmail = *4
    but you can assign something else, for example
    pickup = 999
    park = 998

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Halea

Halea New Member

Thank you Archie, I appreciate your quick and insightful reply.
    Halea

6. Halea

Halea New Member

Actually, as I was browsing through my IP phones' config pages and FXS settings on the analog ones, I noticed that * is being used on all of them one way or another. I guess they are being intercepted locally and not forwarded to 3CX.

I have an ancillary question in this regard; one of my VOIP lines is provided by FWD which supports peering through **nnn prefixes.

What would be the best way to implement those. I tried to insert them through the outbound call rules but didn't seem to work, although I could define the * character in the prepend field.
    Halea

7. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

I don't know. You can try to sniff and see if 3CX sends correct INVITE with outbound rule that have prepend '**'. If not - we will fix it sooner or later. If yes, than you should ask provider. Probably, they need some additional conditions to be satisfied beside '**nnn' number.

8. Halea

Halea New Member

Is there a code to pickup a ringing line without knowing which extension or line is actually ringing?
    This might sound odd, but it would be very useful in my lab where we have a bunch of workstations and people constantly leave their desks. A call comes in, we hear the ring, but we have no clue who's desk it is ring at and which line it is. It would be nice that we can pick that call by simply entering a code to any phone.
    Halea

9. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Yes, *20* code (without extension specified after it) will pick up any ringing extension.

10. Halea

Halea New Member

Thank you for your help and sorry for being a pain with this. Couple of observations/questions:
    1- The [dialcodes] section doesn't seem to exist in my 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file. Is it that the default settings are hard coded in the software and this section needs to be created in order to alter things?
    2- None of the * codes that you identified work from any of my phones, but I didn't modify the "ini" file yet, and as I said, in its current form the [dialcodes] section is completely missing. How the * codes are processed down stream from the phone? Is it fair to say that first the phone intercepts the codes that it supports and passes over to 3CX the ones that it doesn't support, and in turn 3CX intercepts what it supports and let go those unsupported codes to the VOIP provider or gateway, or there is no down stream processing?
    Thanks again for all your help.
    Halea

11. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

1- yes, they are hardcoded.
    2- yes, 3CX parses dialed string in order to determine a target of the call.
    You will need to create [dialcodes] section and re-define dialcodes like in example I gave before.

12. Halea

Halea New Member

So far no luck :cry:
    I made the changes to the ini file by adding the following all the way at the end, I restarted 3CX to make sure that ini file is read:
    [dialcodes]
    pickup=99
    park=90
    unpark=91
    vmail=92

Tried with GXP2000, BT102, and analog phones attached to SPA3102 or HT488. Can't pick up a ringing extension, can't park a call.

It gotta be somoething obvious that I am doing wrong, but not sure what. :roll:
    Halea

13. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Few comments/questions regarding your configuration:
    1. Do you use "free" version?
    2. "Making call to 99 " should pickup one of the ringing call. dial to 99100 should pickup call ringing on extension 100.
    3. blind("non-attendant") transfer to 900 should park call to parking orbit '0', to 901 - on parking orbite '1'
    4. "Making call to 910" should get first call from the orbit placed by making a transfer to 900. "Making call to 911" ( :) ) - to 901.
    5. "Making call to 910100" should get first call from the orbit placed by making a transfer to 900 from extension 100. "Making call to 911100" - placed by "901" from 100
    6. If you have two digit extensions then default voice mail box access is 99. (it is the same as your pickup code)
    7. If you have outbound rule starting with '9' all your codes will be ignored.
    8. You haven't mention problem with voicemail. Does it work?

Regards

14. Halea

Halea New Member

Thanks Stepan.
    First answer first, yes indeed I am using the free version.
    Is it that these functions are not supported in the free version?
    Halea

15. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Please answer the last question( 8 ) :)

Thanks

16. Halea

Halea New Member

Sorry :oops:
    8- I can access the voice mail system by dialing 999 or 999# (as it should be) from any extension.
    7- And yes, I do have dialout rules catching 9 - so, i'll be removing those in a minute :|
    6- I use three digit extensions - I understand what you're saying about two digiters
    5- Got it, need to try it.
    4- Got it, need to try it.
    3- Got it, need to try it.
    2- Got it, need to try it.
    1- As I said before, this girl is still using the freebie version :p
    Halea

17. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

The recent question is addressed to "vmail=92" in your description of dial codes.
    Can you leave voicemail for extension 100 by dialing 92100?
    Can you help caller to leave voicemail message for extension 100 by transferring call to 92100?

Thanks

18. Halea

Halea New Member

Ok. First I removed any intercepts of 9 in my outbound dialing rules.
    92124 allows me to leave a message at extension 124. I can also do a blind transfer to 92124 and the caller can leave a message.
    But 99, 90 and 91 don't work. (I also tried the variations that you mentioned)
    Halea

19. SY

SY Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

good news - we have checked functionality and provide some hints related to "dialcodes".
    bad news - "Pickup" and "parking" are not available in free version. I had to specify it earlier, sorry :oops:

Thanks a lot for your help

20. Halea

Halea New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.