Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Anyone else getting blocked from the 3CX sites and forums?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by us1, Aug 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. us1

us1

This is a bit off topic but hoping to get some help here as I tap this out on my cell phone.

I've recently lost the ability to get to any 3CX related sites from my primary static IP address. If I connect from my LTE connection or else change to a different public static IP, I connect just fine. Telnet to port 80 just fails due to timeout unless I switch IPs. It appears I have been blocked from the site.

Note this is a workaround and NOT a fix. I have contacted my channel manager asking for assistance but perhaps this thread will get to the right people a bit quicker.

Many thanks on feedback if this has happened to you.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I have seen this happen in the past. There was a third party, that somehow acquired lists of "problem" IPs and sent this list out to subscribers causing those IPs to be blocked. I'm not sure if this is still the case. Previously there was a message that directed you to remove your IP from the blocked list.

3. us1

us1

Thank you for the response, Leejor. Where was this message directing someone to remove their IP from the blocklist? Was it a forum posting, an email, or something else?

As you can see I am connecting but it is because I have switched my IP. However, I only have so many IPs to use so I"d like to get this resolved.

Many thanks for your response.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The message I had was in the 3CX forum, but it may have been a while ago, when they were using a different system. I don't recall encountering the blocking recently. There was a message with a link to attempt to remove my blocked IP from the list, which did work initially. Since it was a public IP shared with many other users, it eventually became blocked again.

5. us1

us1

3cx support has been in touch with me on this issue. It was essentially flagged because my password vault was using an old URL for the forums. This is being worked on by their teams.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.