Anyone else Quite Irritated with the new changes in SP4 with the Red ! on Phone and Trunks?!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AZ-Brad, Mar 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AZ-Brad

I've been flooded with calls from clients who actually look at their 3cx dashboard with freak-out moments thanks to the SP4 upgrade. 3cx. Why the hell did you setup a red ! if you have a Generic Sip Trunk! ALL MY DAMN CLIENTS HAVE ONE! so ALL my 3cx's have ! on Trunk and if I built custom Templates for Logos etc. guess what, my phones have a ! on it and I now get calls over it.

Anyone else mad about that or is it just me?

CTC Technician and twisted1 like this.
  2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Just tell them you are saving money by using unsupported trunks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    LeonidasG likes this.
  3. Cjay

Cjay New Member

The unsupported 'red' trunk indicator irritated me so much that I fixed it with some judicious tweaking. Not sure if this will survive past the next version upgrade, but for now I'm happy!
    upload_2018-3-30_17-42-2.png

4. vizualpro

Care to share?

5. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

I'm assuming you just pick a standard provider rather than Generic and fill in the blanks. 3CX now thinks it's supported. Easy peasy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Sort of, but creating a new trunk means all your outbound rules and other trunk related stuff associated with your old 'unsupported' generic trunk will all need to be edited. I will happily share my method of keeping all the config info - but I think wiser to keep it private: probably not a great idea to post to the whole world as without some understanding you could seriously crash your PBX!

7. CCAdmin

Could you message me your tweak? I'm interested in what you changed. I too use "generic" for 99% of my trunks since my provider is no longer supported.

8. CCAdmin

It appears having any generic SIP trunks will now show the red "!".

#8 CCAdmin, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
  9. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

10. craigreilly

Goto the phone tab and look...
    Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 10.05.55 AM.png
    They do say which ones are on a custom template.
    It doesn't say "which template" its using... but its not without some information.

11. CCAdmin

Ok, mine did show one phone that was custom. So that was helpful.
    It seems they removed support for the Yealink W52P directly from the phone provisioning tab.

#11 CCAdmin, Apr 2, 2018
  12. complex1

complex1 Active Member

W52P is still supported.
    upload_2018-4-2_19-21-30.png

13. CCAdmin

It no longer shows on the list of phones when you add a phone?
    At least not on my PBX Express 3CX server v15.5 sp4.

What are you running?

14. craigreilly

Not on my Inhouse PBX either.

15. complex1

complex1 Active Member

16. CCAdmin

Yeah, if you read that article, it specifically says you now have to manually provision the phone.
    https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/yealink-dect-w52p/

"Step 3: Provisioning a Yealink WP station
    Yealink WP-series can only be provisioned using the manual provisioning method."
    Then it wants you to setup an FXS/DECT mapping to the phone as well.

Not sure why it was removed from the phone provisioning tab, but the manual process above did work. Thankfully I only have one of these phones. :)

#16 CCAdmin, Apr 2, 2018
  17. tim942

I've been using the custom templates for years as I live in the states and I didn't want my phones acting European, so it was somewhat bothersome when they instituted the previous change that gave my phones red lettering in the management. Now they will have the chronic nag on the dashboard too? I've also created my gateways from templates long unsupported, but I think that since I've modded it so much, it doesn't flag as a problem. What is wrong with expecting longevity and versatility? I can understand wanting to highlight variants and promoting a unified experience, but not all situations will be cookie cutter.

Please do not punish your customers for customizing!

18. Sean Glasspool

Arrrgh. I was about to post this too. The alert regarding a generic SIP trunk is BS. Please remove it. In smaller countries like NZ, this list of supported trunks is rubbish for us, and we also have a direct relationship with 2Talk, which are not on the list.

19. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Two of the biggest causes for tech support are custom phone templates and unsupported SIP trunks - and therefore unhappy customers. We have automated test procedures to test all supported phones and trunks for each build. Not infrequently we reach out to providers when they make changes that could cause issues.

Now of course you can use a generic trunk but customer / user of the system should be aware that this could be a potential cause of issues. If customer is aware then fine.

If your trunk is SIPconnect certified this is fine as well.
    Tier 1/ tier 2 telco providers can apply to get certified here. We try to have good coverage / choice in all major markets. Its impossible to support all of the rebranded / smaller ones out there.

In regards to phone templates, we are constantly improving them and any new features to the templates can be suggested in the ideas forum

#19 Nick Galea, Apr 3, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
    craigreilly likes this.
  20. AZ-Brad

Thanks Nick. Sorry for the !! over the ! :) I'll talk to my provider about getting Sipconnect certified. As for the phones. How can we make the system happy if we setup a custom template? I only change the Logo Location. And this is only an issue with my few clients who actually look at their system. Otherwise it would be a 5 min training call to my techs and nothing would be said.

Thanks for the help!

JWillScott and TeleTech like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.