anyone put a softclient on a PDA phone?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by kanshare, May 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kanshare

Hi,

I am new to this community. Presently in the marketing and demo stage.

One of my customers had asked me if we could install the voip client onto a pda phone (HTC diamond, Nokie e series, Sony Ericsson etc)?

Reason is he want to deploy his sales team with the voip clients on their pda phones as they are in wifi zones all the time.

Thanks

Regards

Keith

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hello,

yes i know that it s possible with a HTC on wifi.

it s work great.

for other pda i don't know but probably Yes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. itsystems.ie

Nokia S60 type phones E71 & E51 have a VoIP client that will work anywhere you have a Data connection.

Still some issues with though. I can make calls (only 1 way audio at the moment)

I will post as soon as I get it working fully.

4. eirNetics

Windows Mobile 6 has a built-in VOIP Client, but most telco providers disable this, here's how you can enable it:

enable-the-hidden-voip-features-of-windows-mobile-6x

yes, yes... I know they mention Asterisk, but it works great with 3cx, just activate VOIP calling when available and all your calls will be routed through the VOIP client.

5. Charles Jim

I use windows mobile as my PDA. can anyone suggest any technique to put a softclient on my windows mobile? it is lates release of windows mobile. waiting for reply.

6. eirNetics

Yes, see the post above yours....

7. DeWild1

http://www.fring.com/ works well, kinda cool .

8. teldotnet

I have a sipphone client working on my iphone, works ok, but as iphone doesnt allow voip on 3G, only works over wifi and only when app is open, cant run in background like the normal phone can. Maybe new V3 OS will fix/allow this.

9. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Use a Nokia E71 - works really well!

Or else Iphone with Fring! And yes, the shitty Windows mobile will work well with Fring too....

10. comresource

comresource Member

I have a Palm Centro and use Articulation. Quality is sometimes good..sometimes not so great.

11. andy123

Hi itsystems.ie,

Can you please tell me which voip client are best for E51

12. charlief

The apps from http://www.voip4mobiles.com because it activates the internal voip engine of your mobile and is a geniune SIP application designed for 3CX.

13. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I use the built-in windows mobile software in my Glofiish X800 and it works flawlessly. I have also tried fring, which works nice as well, but I prefer the built-in solution.

If you already have a PDA, that's a great solution since it acts just like any hard phone in the end.

14. kinseytim

Hi all

I have recently got the new Nokia E52, and one of the reasons I got the phone was because of its SIP function. I am however having a few problems.

I have managed to get the phone to see and connect to the 3cx Server, but if I try dialling the extension that is on my phone from the 3cx Phone software from my PC, I get an error "Unsupported Media"

I have also tried to follow a few guides to get it working, and the guides talk about .... Go to (connections > Internet Phone) Problem is that I do not have this menu option in my phone.

from what I can see, it almost looks like the phone might locked to only 3 VOIP providers - (Vyke, Gizmo5, OVI Contacts)

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated please

Thanks
    Tim

15. kinseytim

I am not sure if i am just totally missing the plot here, but i can not get Fring to see my 3CX server
    I have a Nokia e52

When i choose SIP, i then go down to Other SIP and it asks for 3 settings to login,

1. User-ID = 100@192.168.1.11 (100 is my extention username and the 192.168.1.11 is the IP address of the machine running the 3CX server)
    2. Password = 100 (std pw for extention at moment)
    3. Proxy address = ??? (i ahve tried both the IP of the Server PC and the 100@192.168.1.11 and both tell me unable to connect to service)

Help please ?

16. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

What software are you using on Glofish X800? I tried WM VoiP phone, but sound is awful...

17. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

First of all, the 192.168.1.11 is a private IP. Fring (or anyone else outside your LAN won't know what to do with it. You have to supply the PUBLIC IP of the router that you have 3CX behind. If it is not a static IP then you should be using a dynamic DNS service. Most routers have a setting to fill-in once you set up a (free) account with one of the providers of this service. That way if and when your public IP changes, Fring can still find your 3CX.

I would change the password to something a bit more complicated if you are going to allow connections from outside your network, anyone could guess that PW.
    User Id should just be 100, the extension number

18. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

igor: I'm also using the WM built-in VoIP phone on my X800, but the sound is fine for me. You can maybe try Fring if it's that bad. I remember sound quality with Fring was a bit better, but not enough to make me chose Fring instead of the build-in software.

19. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

As I know, WM on Glofiish does not contain any built in VoIP client. I downloaded in from http://www.voipphreak.ca/2008/03/29/enable-the-hidden-voip-features-of-windows-mobile-6x-for-free-voip-calls-using-asterisk/ and installed in the system.

But I am not using it because of very quiet sound.

20. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

That's the build-in client I was talking about. It's not that the software is not installed, it's just that it's hidden and those files enables you to unhide the VoIP feature. Most PDAs are in the same situation.

Mine worked pretty well as soon as I configured it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.