Anyone tried the new Yealink T42S or T46S phones?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bear

We got a new T42S bc that's now what distribution is going with, and they won't provision on 15. Won't provision on other phone system's I've tried as well.

3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

I had a disti tell me that the T42S has BLF issues. Hadn't heard about provisioning issues. Have you pulled a syslog from the phone? I'm tracking down a provisioning issue on a T42G that seems to be due to certificate problems. If you go to Security > Trusted Certificates and disable Only Accept Trusted Certificates, does it provision?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

I have a provisioning file I can send you if you PM me. I have successfully deployed Yealink T42S, T46S and T48S with a modified 3cx template. Tested on-prem 3cx v15 only but likely works fine using SBC and STUN. The 3CX supplied G series template doesn't work properly because Yealink depricated the use of identifying the first line as "0" in the template and requires it be specified as "1". With the template sending 0 for the line and blf keys the phone doesn't register them properly and while you can press the line key and make it work the blfs dont. The modified template fixes all that. The template even supports the 3CX management console "reboot", "reprovision" and "phoneui" . Firmware upgrade through 3CX doesn't work because 3CX need to setup the firmware on their back end servers to look up which is the supported firmware. I recommend using the 81.0.25 firmware with the Yealink T4 S series phones and not the 81.0.20 firmware because 81.0.20 doesn't support the EHS adapter for wireless headsets.

dynamite, kmer, accentlogic and 2 others like this.
  5. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thanks CentrexJ; PM sent.

Are there compelling features in the S series that are not present in the G?

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello all,

The Yealink S series will be most probably supported in the next service pack of the PBX.

accentlogic likes this.
  7. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Thanks YiannisH. Will the service pack also include support for the latest firmware (29.81.0.25) on T42G?

8. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

The G series is discontinued so hard to find. The S series adds support for an additional codec (likely not to be used with 3CX anyway) and is really just the newer model of the G series. Not much difference when you put the two side by side. Probably the board uses newer model chipset.

9. earthwing

Teh S series also adds a USB port for the lower end units (T41S/T42S) enabling Bluetooth. The phones appear to have a much faster processor. Firmware updates are quick, the screen is super responsive. If they would add 2 USB ports to support for both wireless and Bluetooth...that would be awesome for those use cases

10. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Here is my custom template for the T4xS phones. I have also added support in this template for the Yealink T29G phone because someone pointed out to me it also only starts with firmware version 81 so it has the same issues. I'm posting this here because my offer for people to PM me to get the template resulted in a lot of requests for it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/97k8ejzewf0kk8u/yealinkT4xS.ph.xml?dl=0

Some notes on the changes I made:

-Put this file in C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\phones and then restart the 3CX NGINX service
    -Most important is this uses linekey.1 instead of linekey.0 for the extension and blf keys which Yealink depricated in the 81 firmware.
    -Set to 12 hour time instead of 24 hour
    -Set backlight brightness to 10 from 7
    -Set backlight timeout to 1800 from 30 seconds
    -Set the two extension keys it puts as the first two blfs to display the extension number instead of the first and last name
    -Turned off the alternating 3CX logo on the T41 and T42 phones (useless feature). Kept the 3CX logo for T46 and T48 Background
    -Change “3CX Pbook” to “PhoneBook”
    - Tested locally and with STUN. Recommend upgrading phones to 81.0.25 firmware if you are using the EHS36 box for wireless headsets becuase the 81.0.20 doesn't support EHS36. Have not tested SBC but since I made no changes to those portions of the templates it should work fine.

advanced25, dynamite and accentlogic like this.
  11. accentlogic

accentlogic New Member

Many thanks CentrexJ, we used your template for the new T27G and it worked great. (We replaced any instance of T27P with T27G and added it to the list of available User Agents.) Prior to that the T27G line indicators were incorrect, and BLF / Shared Parking keys would not work.

12. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

You are very welcome. I have adjusted my template in Dropbox for the 27G. Thanks for the heads up. The 29G works fine with 80 firmware and should be used with the 3CX official template.

dynamite likes this.
  13. Raf Wenger

Hi CentrexJ
    The Dropbox link you provided is no longer working.
    Any chance to get that T27G template from you?
    Thank you so much in advance!
    Raf

14. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

3CX V15 has the templates now for the Yealink T27G and the T4xS series phones which is why I removed my template from dropbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.