Anyone using a UK ISDN30 VoIP gateway with 3CX?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Pentangle, Dec 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Hi,

I'm looking to install/configure a 3CX system to replace an existing traditional Nortel Meridian PBX served by an ISDN30.

Q1) is there anyone else out there doing connectivity to an ISDN30 for outbound calls in this forum?
    Q2) if the answer to the above is yes, are you in the UK? and if so - what gateway are you using and can I poach some config screen-captures from you?
    Q3) is the Patton Smartnode 4960 the right device for me? (it *appears* to be, but appearances can be deceptive!). I basically want VoIP inside the office and then ISDN30 for the trunk connectivity.

My problem is that the 3CX help files detail how to set up a Smartnode 4638 BRI gateway, but not a 4960.

Finally - I would *LOVE* this forum to include country-specific config details of at least one of each of POTS/BRI/PRI gateways available, so that I don't look like an idiot when I spec up a quote and come to install it and can't.

Cheers,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Hi Mike,

ISDN30 should be ISDN/PRI/E1(30B+D) Line. I'm using ISDN/PRI/T1(23B+D). I'm in Hong Kong, the telephone line is using UK standard.

The Patton SN4960 (Model: SN4960/1E30V/UI) should be works too at UK or somewhere is using ISDN/PRI. Just reminded that the Patton gateway should be not too easy to config.

You should be know your line is using which type:
    Signaling method: IDAM or IDAP
    Framing: SF or ESF
    Line Coding: B8ZS or AMI
    Error Correction: CRC or BPV

My ISDN/PRI/T1 is using:
    Signaling method: IDAP
    Framing: ESF
    Line Coding: B8ZS
    Error Correction: CRC

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pentangle

Pentangle Member

Thanks Ricky - glad to see it works well for you (I assume!)

Cheers,
    Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.