Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Anyone using Gamma Telecom as a SIP provider?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pjr, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pjr

pjr New Member

Given 3CX now offer a way to support IP authenticated trunks from Gamma Telecom (see link below)

http: //www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/gamma-voip-provider-trunk/ - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of deploying this configuration?

Alarm bells are ringing as it appears to suggest placing a windows system directly on the Public Internet (ie not behind a firewall) which presumably just leaves the built in Windows firewall and the protection within 3CX to protect what is a business critical system from the nasties on the internet?

I would welcome any feedback from any live/test deployments people have made?

Paul

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. StewartLd

HI,

I've wasted days trying to get 3cx working with Gamma - just wondering if you tried and succeeded?

Thanks

3. resolveITS

Anyone else tried this?

4. 3CXfoxhallsolutions

3CXfoxhallsolutions New Member

I have a call centre customer running Gamma SIP Trunks (2 x 60 channels). I inherited the site so did not set it up ... but;
    I don't see the reason why the elaborate proxy set-up on the 3CX server [??] as the SIP Trunk set up works through standard router / firewalls as you'd expect, with the usual 3CX open ports.
    Gamma's SIP Trunks are working 'Trusted IP' which is why there is no password shown in the setting. I also note that the "SIP Server host Name or IP" is input as Gamma's resolved IP address for their service on our 3CX, not the gammatelecom.com URL as per the 3CX how-to. We are registering using the specified public IP of our Internet connection for 3CX.
    Otherwise - working absolutely OK.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. jonot

Hi,

We are using Gamma SIP Trunks with IP Authenticaion behind a NAT firewall with out any problems.

You need to choose your firewall/router carefully for one with a SIP Helper. (Sonicwall SIP Helper doesn't work) We are using a MikroTik 750 and setup the SIP Helper and the correct NAT rules and not having any problems.

You could also use a transparent firewall to firewall between the internet and 3cx, I am working on an install that will use that setup.

6. mixig

mixig Active Member

maybe will sonicwall work with this settings:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/sonicwall-firewall-configuration/

7. robert.taylor

Are there any Gamma Specific changes to the Advanced/Outbound/Inbound/SourceID tabs that anyone is aware of ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.