• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Anyone using Polycom Soundpoint IP 330 phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph

Reaction score
Anyone using the Polycom Soundpoint IP 330 phones with the new version (V5) of 3CX?

If so, how do you like the phone?

Any issues?

Thanks again

I have one and it works ok. What are you looking for information wise? I can test whatever you like.

Good Evening

Hi Rob,

We have been using Polycom Soundpoint IP 501s and are getting ready to install a nw system with 330s.

I was just curious to find out if they are the same high quality and performance as I have been used to. I assume software upgrades etc. are still handled with a provisioning server.

Have you run into any problems using them?

Thanks again

We are using IP330, IP430 with FTP server for provisioning server to them. It seems works fine at local LAN. Only failed at LAN 2 LAN VPN connection. What wrong at your office?

Good morning

We haven't had anything wrong at our office.

We are gearing up for a large client install using the Polycom Soundpoint IP 330s and 3CX. The client has multiple offices and we will be setting up the system as follows:

330 SIP Phone->VPN Endpoint->Internet->VPN Rounter->3CX Server

I was just curious as to how well the Polycom 330s were working for people.

All the same stuff you're used to on the 501 looks like it should work on the 330. Just not a fancy phone compared to the others out there.

Build quality and durability look to be the same.

I don't know how to provision these polycoms yet so I can't answer anything on that end.

Hi Rob,

"330 SIP Phone->VPN Endpoint->Internet->VPN counter->3CX Server" this setting works fine and close to perfect for multi remote branches at 3CX version 3. However, at version 5 all remote SIP devices almost totally failed.

Testing result for remote hardware SIP phone LAN to LAN VPN to HQ 3CX BOX:
Polycom IP330: failed
SMON 320: failed
eyeBeam 1.5: failed
SIP T10P: works fine
SN4114 4 x FXO gateway: failed

Good morning

Good morning 5qg4,

Do you know yet the cause of the failure?

Is it an issue with 3CX thinking the extensions are external and somehow treating them differently?

When you say that the extensions don't work what exactly is happening? Are they failing to register at all or are there problems with the calls?

Thanks again

Hi Ralph,

The new "Patch for Version 5.0.3648" should be fixed the LAN 2 LAN VPN issue.
All SIP devices list at my previous post are working fine under LAN to LAN VPN after patch applied.

Good evening

Thanks for the update.

I begin provisioning a 3CX server for testing Monday so this news is a big relief :D .

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.