• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Anyway of ignoring SIP for a through call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philco

Reaction score
Sorry about the strange subject field, but to overcome some deficiencies in VOIP providers who cannot handle transfered calls, is there a way of transfering a call to an external voip number without using invite or reinvite (I think this is what causing the following failure).

This would over come a problem with some voip providers where an internal call can be made to an extension number which is set up to always forward to an outside number and the call is established no problems, however a transfer to that number will always fail when some voip providers are used for the outside number. In essence I am looking at maintining the link/join between an extension or an incoming call, with the outside number.

I hope I made myself understood there.

Thanks

Phil

If you mark such providers as not supporting reinvite, than since version 5.1 it should transfer smoothly.

Great News, I've just downloaded the Beta so I'll give that a try..

I take it that in 5.0 not selecting reinvite didnt work..

Phil

Yes, there was bug in 5.0

Thats most assuring. I've just got to come off the drink after trying to find out why it wasnt working.

Hic.

Phil

Unfortunatly, even with reinvite off, the call transfer doesnt exactly go as expected.

Test situation is Grandsteram 486 rev 2 ATA on ext 103, Grandstream GXP2000 on ext 612, call

extension 103 calls ext 612. Ext 612 tries to transfer the call to outside number using transfer button on GXP2000 followed by outside number, ext 103 has music on hold.

Outside number rings and is picked up. Ext 612 remains on line and no audio, 103 still has music on hold, and there is no audio on the outside number.

This is using VOIP.CO.UK which is at present an unsupported voip provider.

Transfer works 100% with sipgate with or without reinvite.

I guess I shouldnt use voip.co.uk then I hear you say, unfortunatly we cant easily move the numbers.

Phil

The problem of transfering to an outdise number even with reinvite off sill persists. I am convinced this transfer workded in 3.1 and only recently discoverd that 5.0 and 5.1 doesnt work in this respect, though it does wih Sipgae accounts.

Is there any ussers that can confirm his too.

I notice that in the folllowing forum that transfer is also an issue.

http://www.3cx.com/forums/transfer-to-outside-number-mobile-in-dr-fails-4063.html

Phil

I am also experiencing the same issue here in v5.1.

So I guess the bug thats was in 5.0 and wasnt in 3.1, is still in 5.1, though 3cx thinks they have removed it.

Maybe hey have and its a diffrent bug but same effect, but I'm sure 3cx wll sort it (soon I hope).

Phil

Version5.1.4078.0

Just to confirm that transfering to an external voip number that does not support reinvite does not work, or it doesnt in my case. (reinvite off)

Not sure if Sipgate.co.uk supports rerinvite but whether it is set on or off, I can still transfer calls to a sipgate voip number.

I have tested this with an incoming call as awell as an internal call.

Phil

Version5.1.4128.0

Even with the above version the problem still exists. Eddietang do you still have the same problem?

Test as follows

Extension 103 calls ext 612 and answers. Ext 612 tries to transfer the call to outside number using transfer button on GXP2000 followed by outside number, ext 103 has music on hold.

Outside number rings and is picked up. Ext 612 remains on line and no audio, 103 still has music on hold, and there is no audio on the outside number.

This is using VOIP.CO.UK which is at present an unsupported voip provider.

Transfer works 100% with sipgate with or without reinvite.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.