• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

API: Emulating the CRM Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trick

Reaction score
Hi all,

Thought I'd post in case any fellow developers have attempted the same approach. I'd like to take the CRM Integration application out of the equation and have the desktop components talk direct to my custom business application.

I took the liberty of reflecting the 3CX CRM Integration assembly and it would appear remoting is used to communicate between the application and desktop components.

I have tried emulating the same code in my own application in the hope that I can intercept the OnCallArrived event directly, however the remoting call never arrives.

Is there a way I can achieve my goal? Is there some method of authenticating the remoting server that I'm missing? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Richard.

Well I've basically achieved my desired outcome, all be it in a slightly different way to my initial tack.

I'm now using the built in notification feature in MyPhone (when installed with desktop components) to launch an executable who's sole purpose is to notify my corporate application and quit.

I managed to suss out the remoting call required to trigger an outgoing call, so I now have both directions working nicely without the need for any CRM plugin or additional application.

The attached is a demo application written in VB.NET (VS2010), in case anyone else would benefit from the code. Basically you just need to have MyPhone installed locally with the desktop components, then configure the notification options as indicated in the screenshot below. Obviously once you have the callerId in your application, you can lookup the number in a database etc and do as you wish.

Hope this helps,

Richard.

Attachments

• MyCorporateApplication.zip
    80 KB · Views: 99
  • MyPhoneScreenshot.gif
    MyPhoneScreenshot.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 786
Hi Trick,

Good Job, congrats.

Question : do you know if is possible to use any others arguments, like called id or callednum, or the queue id etc...

Cheers,

Daminux

Richard (Tricks): You are my new hero! You just saved me hours if not more trying to decipher the CRM components to get my application concept tested. This is tremendous. Should you come to the Los Angeles area, I'll take you to dinner, or Disneyland or something! Great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaayb512
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.