Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

API Help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ChrisPriest, Feb 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisPriest

Hi All,

I'm trying to make use of the API, I am using C# running on the same PC as the phone system.

I seem unable to establish a link to the phone system, I've tried the sample (modifying it to work with v8)

The connection string is: mPbxConn = new PBXConnection("localhost", 5485, "<someuser>", "<somepassword>")

But I always get an exception from this saying:

---------------------------
    TCX.PBXAPI.PBXIsNotConnected: Exception of type 'TCX.PBXAPI.PBXIsNotConnected' was thrown.

at TCX.PBXAPI.PBXConnection..ctor(String pbxSLHost, Int32 pbxSLPort, String pbxSLuser, String pbxSLpassword)

at HudSample.MyTree..ctor() in C:\CallControlAPI\MyTree.cs:line 57
    ----------------------------

I have added PhoneSystem.ApplicationName="Hudsample" to the 3cxphonesystem.ini file.

I can telnet to port 5485 OK, so I know the system is listening.

Can anyone shed any light?

Best Regards
    Chris

2. vsefcik

I was able to get the sampe to run but I didn't modify the line "mPbxConn = new PBXConnection..." in MyTree.cs. I left that line as it was originally written (mPbxConn = new PBXConnection();). Instead, open the file Program.cs and add the line:
    PhoneSystem.CfgServerPort = 5485;

after the line that reads:
    PhoneSystem.ApplicationName = "HudSample";

3. ChrisPriest

That worked :) Thank you :)

4. nico

Hello,
    Can you provide me this sample. I have the same problem, I writing my own application and I can't find sample what you talking about.

Best regards,
    Nico

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.