Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Apple Push functions means keeping software support - FOREVER

Discussion in 'iOS' started by azarett, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. azarett

There have been several threads recently relating to APN.
    Taking into account what I now know: that Apples push cert is only good for a year.

Its very upsetting for me to put myself in the position of other users coming up from v14. If I purchase a product outright / perpetual license, I think its reasonable to expect that product continue to function IN FULL, as it did from the date of purchase. ( I have many systems that do function this way - they only work on the OS and framework they were built on, and we keep them that way... Medical Devices, CnC equipment, plotters, Door Access, ETC )

At the same time, I understand how apple regulates its certificates is beyond the control of 3CX.
    But as my purchase and contract is with 3cx, not Apple, I feel strongly the responsibility to maintain (what some may argue) is a core function of the product rests with the developer.
    I certainly never saw a warning next to the app when I bought it reading " You must maintain support in order to replace the APN Certificate every year "
    And as an IT professional, I encourage all my clients to maintain support on

https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/second-time-in-a-year-apn-certificate-expired.51738/

Nicola R likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.