• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Are there any 3rd party android phone SIP clients that work with v15?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Perkins

Reaction score
I think I am running into a limitation of the 3CX softphone client. My extensions voicemail is configured to use a different extensions voicemail box (think of group voicemails). The softphone only wants to recognize the voicemail attached to the extension, and not the other extension voicemail box (00). The problem is the voicemail icon never shows AND the voicemail box always shows empty. The only workaround I have for now is to send an email with the voicemail attachment.

Thanks!!!!

Thanks for the reply. Are there any 3rd party android phone SIP clients that work with v15? From what I have researched so far- No??
I will say that I havent had any issues with your client- just that I cant add a 2nd account to the softphone :-(

Hi,

You may try Grandstream Wave, was the only free version able to transfer calls.

Good luck

Thanks. The problem I am having is that the phone client cant have 2 accounts ACTIVE at the same time. The Yealink phones allow this.

In theory, any SIP App should work, but may have feature limitations, as most are not designed for use with a PBX. I think you may have a challenge finding an App that supports registration to two servers, at the same time.

Go into the 3CX Ideas and vote for a Group Mailbox feature suggestion, if you haven't yet done so.

Last edited:
Are there any 3rd party android phone SIP clients that work with v15?

I was playing with a new setup over the weekend and the three SIP clients I tested on my Note5 worked with v15. I tested Zoiper, CSipSimple and Bria. For all I just chose generic SIP and used the extension number as the user, password and server IP with no other special settings. They all connected, made and received calls normally but didn't have the features 3CX provided.

I wluld love to use the 3cx dialer softphone. However the one limitation is group voicemail, which our business is required for all extensions. With the Bria client we can have 2 active accounts, tje first being the group voicemail extension. This will always notify the softphone how many voicemails, and then update when office folks read or delete voicemail off the yealink phones too. The bad thing is that we loose presence.

If only we could get a 3CX client to have 2 accounts active at the same time!

Last edited:
have you tried the built-in sip client in android? Settings -> Call -> Calling Accounts -> Internet Calling (SIP) Accounts -> + (then enter the extension number and extension password, yourpbx.3cx.com for the server and then press the three dots ... and then "save".

Try CSIP simple client for Android. Configure manually all obligatory fields (in yellow) in advanced settings wizard during installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.