Are there any 3rd party android phone SIP clients that work with v15?

Discussion in 'Android' started by Jason Perkins, Apr 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason Perkins

I think I am running into a limitation of the 3CX softphone client. My extensions voicemail is configured to use a different extensions voicemail box (think of group voicemails). The softphone only wants to recognize the voicemail attached to the extension, and not the other extension voicemail box (00). The problem is the voicemail icon never shows AND the voicemail box always shows empty. The only workaround I have for now is to send an email with the voicemail attachment.

Thanks!!!!

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

3. Jason Perkins

Thanks for the reply. Are there any 3rd party android phone SIP clients that work with v15? From what I have researched so far- No??
    I will say that I havent had any issues with your client- just that I cant add a 2nd account to the softphone :-(

4. daktur

daktur New Member

Hi,

You may try Grandstream Wave, was the only free version able to transfer calls.

Good luck

5. Ouray RV Park Cabins

Thanks. The problem I am having is that the phone client cant have 2 accounts ACTIVE at the same time. The Yealink phones allow this.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

In theory, any SIP App should work, but may have feature limitations, as most are not designed for use with a PBX. I think you may have a challenge finding an App that supports registration to two servers, at the same time.

Go into the 3CX Ideas and vote for a Group Mailbox feature suggestion, if you haven't yet done so.

#6 leejor, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  7. RodSlinger

I was playing with a new setup over the weekend and the three SIP clients I tested on my Note5 worked with v15. I tested Zoiper, CSipSimple and Bria. For all I just chose generic SIP and used the extension number as the user, password and server IP with no other special settings. They all connected, made and received calls normally but didn't have the features 3CX provided.

8. Ouray RV Park Cabins

I wluld love to use the 3cx dialer softphone. However the one limitation is group voicemail, which our business is required for all extensions. With the Bria client we can have 2 active accounts, tje first being the group voicemail extension. This will always notify the softphone how many voicemails, and then update when office folks read or delete voicemail off the yealink phones too. The bad thing is that we loose presence.

If only we could get a 3CX client to have 2 accounts active at the same time!

#8 Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  9. Peter Richardson

Peter Richardson New Member

have you tried the built-in sip client in android? Settings -> Call -> Calling Accounts -> Internet Calling (SIP) Accounts -> + (then enter the extension number and extension password, yourpbx.3cx.com for the server and then press the three dots ... and then "save".

10. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Try CSIP simple client for Android. Configure manually all obligatory fields (in yellow) in advanced settings wizard during installation.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.