asking for help setting up my android

Discussion in 'Android' started by danielbo, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danielbo

Is there a manual somewhere that would tell me what goes where in the set up, or could someone give me an idea? The phone show its registering, but then it pops up not registered. I am running off a lan at home and I just want to conect to it. My server ip is 192.168.0.197 and I dont know if I enter that in the internal or the external server. The user and password I do have figured out.
    Now on the server itself, I just set up a extention, put didnt know what I put in the provision. I am so confused, I am sure it works if I could just get the right stuff in the right place. My phone shows I am getting 3G service.
    Thanks in advance for any help,
    Dan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you read this? http://www.3cx.com/blog/3cxphone/android/configuring/

When setting up an extension on 3CX you really only need the phone number of the extension and a password, most of the rest are options that can be set up later.

Are you trying to use 3G or your WiFi, as a connection? I would go with getting the WiFi working first. Put the IP of the PC running 3CX (in your case 192.168.0.197) in Internal Server. If you plan to use the phone on other, outside hotspots, you can put your external (public IP) in the External Server. Or you can use a URL, if you make use of something like DyNDNS.org

3. danielbo

On my phone all I set up is user,password and internal server. On my computer I created a extention and just filled in the user and password. This is all I have done so far, but I still can not get registered. Any suggesions? Thank you so far for your help and fast reply. I believe I am using wifi, it shows that I am on my phone, but it also shows 3G.
    This is all new to me, with the android, but If I could get it working, it would be really great.
    Thanks you again,
    Dan

4. danielbo

I show now a little box with a green line on the bottom and at the side it shows 103. I dont know if this is any help.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Try disabling 3G on your phone to force 3CX to register through wifi. Then have a look at the 3CX server logs (in the PBX) to see what is happening when the set attempts to register, and, perhaps if you try a call. You can post the log here if you don't understand it.

6. danielbo

I found out the problem, I didnt have wifi on, but it seem to keep locking up after every call. You have been great so far, could you give me an idea on this one. This will be so handy. Really, thanks for all your help. I just have a couple of bugs to work out. Locking up is the main problem and this is the only program this happens on. I can page from my phone and they can hear me, but I cant hear them. We are just about there, and thanks so much for replying back so fast and with the correct answers.
    Dan

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

OK, you can't hear them...is this using the phone, through wifi, on your home network, the same one running 3CX? If you are on a "remote" network, be sure that the STUN server is datafilled, it should be by default.

I had an issue today where the screen went blank as I was entering the password for my voicemail. After a number of attempts (had to repeatedly unlock the screen then quickly drag down the running app bar at the top), I got it back.

8. danielbo

I will check this out, thanks so much for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.