Assign line key to vmail box

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by smtharrison, Mar 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smtharrison

Hello everyone.

I am trying to find a way to map a line key on some cisco spa50x phones to a voicemailbox, and preferably enable the lamp go from say green to red when a message is waiting, then of course press the key to access the specific vmail box. On most key systems (eg.: nec dsx) this is possible. My situation is that I would like to have a cisco spa509 + side car in a teacher's lounge with a the teacher's name assign to each button on the sidecar to show when they have a message waiting. Even if I can't do this via 3cx, any one know if this is possible to do manuly via the cisco phones? I know I could just send a vmail alert via email, but the teachers at this school actually don't have school e-mail accounts... I know this a little odd this day and age... poor school though. Even if I can't have the blf lamp change colors, can I even map a line key to a vmail box???

This may be a feature request, I just wanted to see if anyone has had any success with this. I saw a few similar posts with no real answer on this... seems like this would be a pretty simple implementation, though I am no programmer ; )

Thanks for any help!

Sean

2. captain415

Based on the documentation for the Cisco spa500 phones http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voi..._phones/administration/guide/spa500_admin.pdf. It seem impossible for these phones and the Expansion Module to do what you want it to do. The behavior of these LED keys are all related to the Extension's status like idle, busy, ringing, on hold...etc and cannot be customized to do anything else. I do know the Polycom soundpoint 650/670 and its Expansion module should be able to do what you want since the expansion module has a build-in LCD that can display the line status in greater details. You can program the expansion module and set all ext to it and you should see an envelop icon when that ext has a voice mail waiting. Hope this will help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.