Assigning DID to extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Heath, Aug 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heath

Heath New Member

I have 3 DIDs from my SIP provider. In the inbound rules I have set what extension is to ring when that particular DID is dialed. Well that's isn't happening. Any DID number dialed is routing the calls as what the SIP configuration is set on 3CX. It's not following what is set in the inbound rules. In the I DID which I have as my main goes to a ring group and 2 DID go to extentions. So all 3 are going to the ring group and the other 2 are not going to the respective extentions as setup in the inbound rule. Now I looked in my SIP provider's settings. I use IP Based Authentication and it's set to route as ip host to my PBX. I've looked in the management portal and I can't figure this out. Thx

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Heath

This means that the number the provider is sending in the PBX is not an exact match to the numbers you have specified as DIDs. I would recommend adding the DIDs with a *. Meaning if the DID number is 123456789 add it as *456789. This will tell the PBX to try and match only the numbers after the *. You will need to re-create your inbound rules after you edit your DIDs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.