Solved Assigning extensions to Yealink W56P/H

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sampl, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sampl

Hi,
    i am having problems assigning the extensions to the DECT's.

What i did:
    1: Created the extensions in Extentions tab
    2: Added the base (W56P) in FXS/DECT tab and selected the created extensions in the extentions tab
    3. copied the Provisioning link and pasted it into the base's web ui as stated here https://www.3cx.com/community/threa...-removed-yealink-sip-w52p-provisioning.46629/ (4th post)
    4. registered 2 (W56H) to the base

what i understand is that the phones should get their extentions that i have set in the extensions tab under FXS-DECT after the registration but the extentions in the extentions tab is still showing red as in not active i cant call it and it cant call out same for internal extensions (which i have no problem doing with the desk phones), what it can do is intercom with the other dect phone that is it.

did i miss a step?
    I am not sure what is going on.
    the phones also does not show up in the phones list.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

#2 Saqqara, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  3. Sampl

Hi Saqqara,
    Thank you for checking out my issue.
    I have indeed upgraded the firmware on the base and phones.
    i have not done a factory reset, they are new out of the box.

when the provisioning is initialized the phones say provision failed but it does not say why and cant find anything in the 3cx logs either.

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

What version of 3cx

Are the phones local or remote ?

5. Sampl

the version is 15.5.0
    the phones are local

6. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Update to 15.5.6354.2 - https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/phone-system-update/

After upgrading, download any newer templates - within the gui click on the update icon

Then try provisioning again.

Does the provisioning url have the IP address of the server or the fqdn on the server ?. If fqdn, can you ping fqdn from another machine

#6 Saqqara, Jan 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  7. Sampl

OK, I am running 15.5.6354.2.
    i deleted the base from the FSX/DECT list and did a factory reset on the base.
    Then i added the base again.
    copied the provisioning link and logged into the web ui of the base and pasted the link in the server URL box in settings > Auto Provisioning.
    The link has the IP address in it and I am able to ping it.
    after hitting auto provision now i started to register the phones which i also did from the UI this time.
    After the register process it initialized the data initialization part and is now not having the provision failed error anymore. but the extentions i assigned to the base are still inactive and the only thing they can do is intercom eachother. the provisioning did not happen i am sure because the phones are also not able to see the 3cx phonebook.

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

After the provisioning attempt try to access the phones web interface and see if the default username and password works. If they do then the base was not provisioned. If you need to use the password from the 3CX management console that means the device is provisioned and the issue may be with the registration of the handsets.

In the provisioning you are using do you see an IP or an FQDN? Also are phones and the server on the same subnet? Make sure that the MAC address is correct under the DECT's settings.

9. Sampl

Hi Yiannish,
    The phones do not have a web interface, only the base's have them.
    But logging in the web ui for the base did require me to use its factory login instead of the login that was assigned in by 3CX.

The provisioning link has the IP address in them.
    the server is on a different subnet on our WAN. (desk phones connect instantly. the option "disallow use of extension outside the LAN" in the extensions options is not ticked
    i have double checked the MAC and it is correct.

#9 Sampl, Jan 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  10. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

When you log into the base station web frontend, under Status -> HandSet&VOIP do you see 'Registered' under the VOIP status ?

If you do, then the ext has been registered against each handset.

Within 3CX, under Phones do you see the phones as provisioned ?

11. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

By the time the OP had to use the default user/pass to access the base stations interface, I am guessing that the problem is that the base station is not pulling the settings all from the 3CX Server.

On that note:
    • Refer to the instructions here: https://www.3cx.com/sip-phones/manually-provision-yealink-dect/
      • What provisioning method did you use? Local LAN or Remote STUN?
      • What Provisioning link did you copy-paste into the phone phones interface?
      • From a PC that is located on the same subnet as the base station, if you put that link into a browser, is a file downloaded? (It should) If not, can you access the management console from that same PC?
    • I am having a bit of trouble understanding the network setup you have and how the base station is communicating with the server.
      • What IP range is the 3CX server NIC on? (avoid writing whole Public IPs please)
      • What is the IP range the of the base station?
      • If they are on different subnets, are they actually at the same physical site, communicating over L3, or are they a different sites communicating over the public Internet?

12. Sampl

Hi,

it is definitly the BASE not pulling in the data but not sure why. i have followed the instructions but still the same. is pretty much the same steps as in the post i found.referenced on my original post.
    I tried another set and they worked instantly just like the desk phones, and the W56H's took on the extensions in order they were applied to the base under FSX/DECT.

i will attempt to enter all the data in the menu's myself to see if i can get a connection going.
    The new set had account details filled in and all that, the other set has nothing but the URL i copied in for auto provisioning, after hitting the autoprovision now it alwas says that import i scomplete or something like that.

anyway i will try to put in all the data myself and see where that gets me.

Will still answer all questions though.
    @Saqqara no i do not see the Registered status. The phone does not come up in the provisioned phone list and extensions is not active, (showing red). When i hooked up the new set all the extensions that were assigned to them showed as active immediately with the first extension assigned to the handset that came with the base.

@NickD
    • What provisioning method did you use? Local LAN or Remote STUN?
    • I used local lan

• What Provisioning link did you copy-paste into the phone phones interface?
    • i copied the provision link that is displayed under provision method into the server url box under settings>autoprovisioning on the base ui

• From a PC that is located on the same subnet as the base station, if you put that link into a browser, is a file downloaded? (It should) If not, can you access the management console from that same PC
    • Yes and Yes :)
    • What IP range is the 3CX server NIC on? (avoid writing whole Public IPs please)
    • the server is in a datacentre. all locations/sites sit behind our single public IP. on our WAN the server has xxx.xxx.221.xxx
    • What is the IP range the of the base station?
    • xxx.xxx.211.xxx

• If they are on different subnets, are they actually at the same physical site, communicating over L3, or are they a different sites communicating over the public Internet?
    • they are all different sites/locations but all the sites/locations are able to see and talk to each other as if it was 1 network which it basically is.

13. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Try setting the Yealink logging Level to 6 (max) and enter the prov link again and attempt to have it download the file, then generate the Yealink log and check the log file, usually it is pretty clear what happened to the file and why it didn't download it.

14. giwm

giwm New Member

@Sampl: This may have been fixed since we ran into it (3CX can confirm) but we used to have to tweak the factory template to get these to work. That can be found here:

C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Http\Templates\fxs

We had to change: <field name="NumberOfExtensions">5</field> to be equal to the number of extensions we were assigning (for me it was 1).

15. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

We had to change: <field name="NumberOfExtensions">5</field> to be equal to the number of extensions we were assigning (for me it was 1).

This has been fixed with latest 3CX version and templates

16. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

This has indeed been fixed I believe with V15.5 SP0, it was some time ago if memory serves, so assuming you are running V15.5 SP2 this should not be caused by this.

17. Robin Haywood

Just seen this thread. I have the same issue with same sp2, latest firmware and W56! I've tried manually adding the account in the the Dect Base UI but after a long Registering it fails.
    One difference here is we have the on site SBC installed but the 3CX server is cloud hosted.

18. Sampl

Hi Everyone,

First, i would like to thank you ALL for your help input and solutions it seriously is highly appreciated!!
    Secondly i would like to apologize for wasting your time! I have been sidetracked for a few days now so didn't do anything with it, in the end i guess that gave me time to clear my head from the issue. When i continued with it and logged back into the 3CX PBX my eyes went over the dashboard and i saw the blocked IP's button and realized that i never checked that part and it turned out that the base IP was in that list and that was why it was not pulling the information from the PBX. I deleted the IP entry from the list and it instantly assigned the extensions to the base and so the issue was fixed.

Again Thank you ALL and my apologies!!

19. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue has been resolved and thank you for sharing your solution

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.