Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Assistant Dialing Mode

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ChrisPriest, Sep 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisPriest

Hi All,

Having just upgraded to v9, I seem to be encountering a problem with the Assistant.

With the upgraded assistant installed, making a call via the assistant rings the deskphone with makecall and everything is peachy.

However, Install the 3CX Phone and all calls are made via the 3CX Phone, even if you try and switch back to making the call via the PBX, it simply does not work, the config ini file shows mode=pbx, yet when you go into the dialog, it shows 'Make call using 3CX Phone'

So, I removed 3CX Phone, Now I can't make a call at all from the assistant! It just keeps telling me that the 3CX Phone is not installed, quite rightly I might add, but it will not let me switch back to 'Call via PBX', the radio button is selected next to 'Make call using 3CXPhone' yet it's greyed out.

Anyone else experienced this? Is it a known bug? If so, any ideas when it might be fixed?

Best Regards
    Chris

2. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Re: Bug in Assistant?

Hi, what you are doing is wrong, you are provisioning your assistant without integration of the phone enabled.
    What do I mean....

For each extensions if you go to the Management Console > Select the Extension > Edit Extension > 3CXPHONE/Assistant Provisioning - You will find this option - Provision 3cx Assistant with 3cxphone Integration, in your case this is not checked.

Now if you are going to use the phone with the call assistant - this must be checked ALWAYS.

So what you need to do is the following -

Uninstall Call Assistant and Phone.
    Go to the Management Console and check for integration
    Send Welcome Email.
    Install Call Assistant with phone and you can change dialing mode from PBX to Phone.

About the peachy noise what version of phone are you using?
    I need more information - send me a wire shark capture to mb@3cx.com from the Server and Client Side.

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I raised this in another thread but you have gone one further.

I always install the assistant and 3cx phone so didnt know that the problem only shows up with the 3cx phone installed.

Michael:

Here are the steps to reproduce the problem.

1. Install the v9 assistant (I am using the new beta released the other day but it is the same with the old v9 assistant too) and the 3cx phone.
    2. Configure the assistant for an extension (E.g. 101). Configure the 3cx phone for the same extension (101). Configure a deskphone for the same extension (101).
    3. From the assistant call a number - by default it will use the 3cx phone as per the preferences.
    4. Go into preferences. Change the setting to MakeCall (use the deskphone) and click save.
    5. Makte the same call as #3 above it still uses the 3cx phone.
    6. Go back into preferences and the change is not saved.

In addition (my workaround) you can go into the config file on your pc and change the setting to MakeCall and save it and then it works.

So the 3cx phone is overriding the Dialing setting.

Also. When I installed the new 3cx phone (the v5 one) it has overridden the setting again and set it back to 3cx phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

Hi, do you have time for an rdp session?
    I would like to see your issue - please contact me by email - mb@3cx.com
    Thanks

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Michael and I had a session where we went through the bug.

He knows where the problem lies and hopefully has a fix soon.

My workaround is to go into the config file and change it to MakeCall manually and it works, until the fix comes out.

Thanks again for your help today Michael.

6. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

@ Chris - http://downloads.3cx.com/downloads/3CXPlugins15.exe - UPDATED LINK

We released a new version of the Call Assistant which has the latest phone.
    It also includes the CRM integration with Microsoft Outlook 2010.

To change Dialing Modes from the Call Assistant, you need to install the Call Assistant Installer ( which has the Assistant , CRM and Phone). When this is done you can switch from 3CXPhone to Make Call or Intercom.

@ Mark -

About your issue, this is being taken care of.
    I will let you know further.

You can also for now uncheck that connection you have Auto Prov to use integration, and then you are allowed to change dialing modes.

Thanks and Regards

7. scottyork

Re: Assistant Dialling Mode

Thanks.

This has been bugging me for a while. Just changed the provisioning setting to remove Phone integration and I can now make the Call via PBX setting stick.

Using v.9 SP4.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.