Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Assistant says "Not registered Demo version" with test key

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by igor.snezhko, May 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igor.snezhko

igor.snezhko Active Member

I just activated 3CX with Demo key, but noticed, that Assistant not working with it.

I think, the Demo key should unlock all the features of the product, but for limited number of connections.

2. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The demo unlocks everything - including the assistant.

What assistant version are you using? Version 9 of the pbx must have version 9 assistants connected with it due to major changes that were made.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. igor.snezhko

4. KrisHansen

It looks to me the Assistant is registered ok but there is no IP phone or Softphone registered to extension '100'. I replicated the same behavior in my test environment. So its working, just the message is a tad confusing.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

You have a Normal License, the Free version and the Demo Key.

The Normal License and Demo Key Unlock all features, we just added a message in V9 to show which version of the key is installed.

6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

It shows not registered because you didn't register a phone to it?
    There is nothing confusing.

If the assistant will not log in - it will show Not logged in.
    If the assistant shows you the extensions of your pbx - ie it manages to retrieve data from the server, this means that it has logged in. Otherwise you will get absolutely nothing.

So it also managed to retrieve the status of your extension as not registered.
    This means that your phone is really unregistered. So you do not go and check the license at that point - but you go and check the management console. Keep in mind that the assistant is not a phone. It is an extension to your phone.

The assistant connects using extension number and voicemail Pin. So it connects to the assistant server to display the status of the extension you want to connect to.

Then you need to have a phone - either the 3CXPhone with integration (from dialling options of the assistant) or a normal sip deskphone.

Let us know if you have any other problems.

7. igor.snezhko

Thank you! That is a case! I have not registered a phone :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.