Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

at my wits end - Oztell, 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by 3vil3d, Jan 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3vil3d

Folks,

I'm at my wits end and could really do with some help - I have been struggling to get Oztell / net2max/ oztralia (whatever you want to call them) to work with 3CX.

This may be a generic issue so don't jump off to another post all your Europeans out there.

In short I cannot for the life of me get 3CX to register with oztell - and yet I download the siphon sip client for my cydia 'enabled' iphone and threw the phone on the LAN and it works (both outbound and inbound)...

siphon has 3 (that's all!) settings;

username – 8990609015xxxx
    password – now proven to be the one I set on net2max – security/security central/internal security/password management/internet number
    server sip.syd.net2max.com

By having the iPhone/siphon sip client on the LAN work I think I prove a number of things
    1.) I do know what the settings are!
    2.) oztell is alive (I began to wonder!)
    3.) My ISP is not the issue
    4.) My VOIP router doesn't seem to be the issue.

I was also able to get the 3CX softphone running on the same 3CX server PC to register with oztell (obviously it's usually registered with the 3cx pbx)

I'm still struggling to understand why – the last 4 hours have been spent building a bridged VM, throwing it in a DMZ, turning every single firewall/nat/you name it off to remove any firewall issues – all to no avail – I turned everything back on and for sh1ts 'n' giggles tried the iphone as I'd been doing some 3CX extension testing...and that lead to the 3cx softphone.

Why on earth can't I get the 3CX server software to register? What am I doing wrong or missing?

Thanks In Advance
    Ed

2. 3vil3d

and of course - as soon as I post - I find the issue..

I'd been leaving the outbound proxy hostname or IP blank....

move along - nothing to see here!

well nothing other than a screengrab of the working config - didn't change anything on any of the other tabs and set it up as a VOIP provider - not a SIP trunk.

cheers
    Ed

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.