Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

ATA Converters

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ihelp, May 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihelp

Hello,

New to the forum. Just wanted to get some feedback as to what types of ATA analogue converters some are using to keep their existing analogue phones in place.

As well as what types of interfaces are best to use when connecting CO lines to the PBX.

Thanks,
    Giuseppe

2. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

I have ordered a GrandStream HT-488 wich I should receive shortly, I can give you feedback about it when I will configure it, but it appeared as the most complete ATA Adapter, the only thing is that it's only for 1 line.

3. asfuture

asfuture New Member

you can also choose for: HT386 why??? The HandyTone 386 is a dual-port port analog telephone adapter based on SIP standard. It supports two independent SIP accounts or SIP server platforms and a PSTN pass through line for toggling operations between SIP and PSTN networks. HandyTone 386 received the "Best of Show" award at the 2005 Internet Telephone Conference & Expo.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

The reason why I took an HT-488 is that, according to the comparaison charts, the HT-386 has 2 FXS and 0 FXO and the HT-488 has 1 FXS and 1 FXO. I do not need more than 1 FXS and having an FXO port is a nice extra. And if I remember correctly, the price is the same (depending on where it is bought).

5. asfuture

asfuture New Member

all right demonofsteel. i understand. but i'm curious if you can call with a dect phone or if you can use G3 fax. please keep me in touch

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

Here, you can read this, it's the support page from 3CX Team about the HT-488... Read step 29 carefully, it tells everything you need to know about calling through 3CX.

3cx.com/voip-gateways/GrandStream-HandyTone488.html - this link is no longer available, visit here: https://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/

This product is meant to be a gateway to make calls, just look in the gateway templates 3CX provided, the only GrandStream HandyTone is the 488.

As for faxes, I'm not looking at implementing this yet as I don't use a fax machine. I'll even probably never do it.

I don't see why it wouldn't work with DECT phones (I probably don't have the same DECT technology anyway since I'm from North America, from what I've seen, we use DECT 6.0 here), and anyway, I don't even have any DECT phones here, so I won't be able to tell you, sorry.

#6 demonofsteel, May 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.