• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

#$@%^ ATA GXW4104

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamgreen

Reaction score
OK, so I have my 3CX Enterprise system working like a champ with one notable exception. I am using a Grandstream GXW4104 and for some reason numbers are randomly getting truncated from outbound calls. This means that if I dial my cell phone number 425 999 4891 it looks like 94259994891 is being sent to the ATA when I read the logs. Somtimes it works...other times it does't. I tried messing with the outbound rule...deleting and recreating...etc. but nothing seems to work. Has anyone seen this before.

It might help to mention that most of the time I can't dial 877 or 800 numbers but sometimes local LD lumbers work.

It can be due to Firmware version of your gateway. Please make sure you are using lates version of firmware

regards,

I tried that, at this point I am still at a loss. I installed a syslog viewer and watching the logs on my ata I can see that it dialing the right number but 1/2 the time the phone company say "you must first dial a 1 or zero before this number" which tells me that the DTMF tones are not all getting heard by the CO. Still working on it...

Better get in touch with Grandstream people they might be in a better postion to help you out.

Thanks for posting this. I am using the Grandstream 4108 and have the exact same problems. When I took out the outbound rules everything works. But when I tried using a rule I get the same errors as you.

Yeah, it sucks. I turned on the syslog and it looks like the number is being dialed properly, but the phone company is not receiving it. I tried slowing down the dialing speed of the DTMF tones and is seems to improve the performance, but I am actively looking for a replacement. I can see from reading Voxilla and other VOIP boards that the Grandstream 4104 is a cheap ATA and not reliable. I am still waiting to hear from others what a good replacement model might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.