ATA Solution

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tlorenzo, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tlorenzo

I am looking to deploy a phone system for a small boutique hotel, and they would like to use hotel standard looking phones. (Analog Sets). To accomplish this I do know they will require some FXS gateways and I haven't seen too many posts on this. I would like to use the Cisco SPA8000 because I have good results experience with SPA ATA's. I understand that 3cx has provisioning support for Grandstream products but haven't had luck in the past with them being too stable. (Can't comment today as it has been a while). Would my solution work? even though I am prepared to do the config on them manually. Or should I cosider the recommended?

Thank you in advance.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the web configuration menu is set-up in similar manner manner as other Cisco/Linksys ATA's such as the 2102, or many of the Linksys SIP sets, then manually provisioning it should not be a big deal.

As long as you don't have to provision hundreds of lines, and it doesn't sound like it, you should be OK. I would investigate the web interface look and feel, and compare it with set-up instructions for other devices, that you may be familiar with, from the same company. It may be straight forward and a matter of assigning a different port, per extension.

3. tlorenzo

Thanks for your reply. I am familiar with the Linksys ATA such as the PAPT2 which im thinking is the same. I would use the port ranges froom 5060 - 5068 which I would think would be fine. Any thoughts using the Grandstream instead? I basically like to have stable devices without worrying to revisit every so often. Also support is critical for them as they won't have an admin to support those devices. Cisco a little bit better when it comes for phone support.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

One thing that you may want to look into...internal dialplans. I'm not sure if any of the devices you are going to be looking at have them, but if you are familiar with the PAP2T then you probably know that they can make a big difference in how the set behaves when dialling. They also allow internal restrictions, screening the numbers before they hit the outbound rules in 3CX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.