ata's and old phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by guyla50, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guyla50

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to persuade my owner to use 3cx, he see's the benefits but as with anything it's down to cost. how good is the quality when you use an old phone say a samsung one with an ata, is it comparible to snom one or is the quality rubbish?? he won't want to spend 80 quid replacing all the phones on the desks, when he can upgrade the samsung switch to a newer one and reuse the phones.

Also if the quality is good what ata's would you sugget for converting 20 very physically seperated phones?? I've seen ones that are for home use or very small networks, but I want one per desk as we have pcs all over the factory.

cheers

Guy

2. mickp

You have an owner? :)

The ata's that I've used have all been fine quality wise though I'd download the manual to check that they have features that you need such as call transfer, blind transfer etc. I'd suggest checking out the Linksys 8000 http://www.voipshop.com.au/Analogue-Adaptor---ATA/c21/p548/Linksys-SPA8000/product_info.html for your application.

Keep in mind that an ata is an analogue telephone adaptor. The Samsung handsets that you refer to sound like digital handsets specifically designed for proprietary key systems (and not compatible with ata's). Do they have line keys, lights etc?

Mick.

3. guyla50

cheers for the response. They have lights on the side to show which of the 4 isdn lines out are being used.

Does that mean they are not compatable with this?? If thats the case it will make the upgrade quite a lot more expensive... :cry:

4. guyla50

the phones are Samsung Model KPDCS-128 LCD. So if they are digital which i believe they are does that mean they are no good to me??

5. mickp

I don't think so. You could confirm by taking one and plugging it into a regular phone socket (garden variety non pbx home one).

Mick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.