ATT Blocking SIP?

Discussion in 'iOS' started by cylosoft, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cylosoft

I have the app working on our internal network. Works great. Everyone in my office wants to know when it's going live:)

I tried it on ATT 3G. It can connect to the 3CX server, registers correctly, everything appears to work, but no audio on calls.

I tried it at Starbucks on wifi and everything including audio works correctly. I also tried it from home and a few other places with wifi and it worked correctly.

So it appears ATT is blocking SIP.

One other issue is the contact lookup. It looks up contacts correctly, but crashes when I select one to dial. I'm syncing with Exchange Active Sync.

Iphone 4 running 4.1 without jailbreak.

2. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

this sounds very like it... call ur provider to make sure!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. peoples

I don't know if it's an AT&T issue, as the app Fring has a SIP client and I can use that to connect to my 3CX box both using WiFi and 3G and everything seems to work fine. Fring is a free app available in the App Store or iTunes.

4. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Fring is not an direkt client, it uses its onw protokoll and then the fing server connects to ur hosts. so u have no controll over ur data, a bit like open skype version...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.