• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

easy2pc

Reaction score
Hi can anyone shed some light on my problem.

When an external call comes in its picked up. an attempt to transfer the call to another extension fails immediately with the call coming back to the sender.
All the phones are Yealing T42S latest firmware from 3CX, PBX software version is 15.5.6354.2

when a blind transfer is initiated that works fine without problem.

if any one has any answers that would be great.

I have enabled "Accept multiple calls" on all my extensions. This seems to be stopping the calls coming back to the persons transferring the call.

Hi JCLloyd

I don't have a problem with blind transfer, it's Attended transfer I have a problem with.

When I try to transfer a call, I press the transfer button I dial the extension number I want to transfer to, I then speak to that person, then press the transfer button, my call to the extension terminates and then connects me back to the external call. I have tried all sorts, like hanging up after the transfer, but then my phone rings and connects me back to the external call again.

Exactly... Are the extensions set to take multiple calls? If not, setting an 'away' or being in use could cause the call to come back to the person transferring the call.

I am thinking the phone is not hung up when you transfer. I had an older Meridian phone system that would do that.

JCLloyd I'm struggling to find that setting within the control panel, could you possible direct me to it. I'm running version 15.5.6354.2

Extensions -> {Edit an Extension} -> Forwarding Rules -> Options -> Accept multiple calls
. It gets tedious to make this change to a lot of extensions.

Why is this a tedious task? Edit them all at once.
Goto extensions - Click first extension. Hold Shift Key. Select Last Extension. Hit Edit. Goto Forwarding Rules. Check the Box. Click Save.

Reactions: JCLloyd
Thanks, Craig! I did not know that, and had not tried it... until now :)

Glad I was able to teach someone something new today.

My goal is to learn enough to feel comfortable changing my avatar. The unpublished meaning of Asok was "Another Student of Knowledge". PBX is new to me, so I have a lot of learning expectation ahead!

Easy2PC... Did that stop the calls from bouncing back to the forwarder?

My DC is actually named ASOK. :)

I really do appreciate the help, I figured out the actual problem in the end.

So our setup is like this, we have the 3CX PBX hosted on google cloud.
2 sites have phones utilising a SBC server at each location to connect to the PBX on Google Cloud.

Now we were testing the system at a Third location but used STUN instead of setting up a SBC server, big mistake as it doesn't let you transfer calls.

once we had set up another SBC at the 3rd location it all started working correctly.

Go figure 2 days and 4 hrs wasted, at least I have learnt something new.

Reactions: JCLloyd
Now we were testing the system at a Third location but used STUN instead of setting up a SBC server, big mistake as it doesn't let you transfer calls.
You probably needed to enable the option PBX delivers audio under extension settings / Options as STUN extensions cannot communicate directly with other extensions.
Glad to see the issue has been resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.