• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Attended transfer using BLF keys with Yealink T46G

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholcombe

Forum User
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an office that would like to be able to perform an attended transfer using BLF keys. However, it seems to transfer the call immediately when we press the BLF key of the extension we are trying to transfer to. Is there any way to do an attended transfer using BLF keys? Dialing the extension seems to work, but they would rather use the BLF keys.

Thank you!,

--John

Not really, at least not in the context I think you mean. The BLF is used as a monitoring tool based upon the light indication and then as a multi-functional key based upon the status of the monitored extension at the time the key is pressed.

In the transfer scenario, the key is a transfer speed dial.

In an attended transfer, you normally put the caller on hold and then establish a new call to the desired recipient and then, once the recipient has indicated they will take the call, then one hits transfer key and then selects the original caller (still on hold). Some minor variations may occur depending on the phone model. But the key is that you have two calls active, which the BLF does not know about the latter.

You could place the call in park and then call the desired recipient and then they could pick the call up from the park slot or, if denied, you can retrieve the call.

Our experience with using the BLF keys in transfers is that we can do an unattended transfer, just not an attended transfer. When the call is placed on hold, and then the BLF key is pressed, it transfers the on-hold call. :-(

--John

There is a configuration setting for the T4x phones to determine whether transfers using BLF buttons are attended or blind, and the default setting is blind. While you can change the default, you can't use BLFs to perform the non-default method.

In the phone web interface -

Features/Transfer/Transfer Mode Via Dsskey

You can select:
Attended Transfer
Blind Transfer

You should be able to change this from the provisioning template, however, this type of change is typically not supported by 3CX.

Allen

Reactions: dkauffer
12494, Allen may have the answer you seek as I was not aware of that feature. I may have to give it a try and see as my curiosity is peaked.

As far as the comment about when using the BLF causing an unattended transfer of on-hold calls, yes, this is true (not withstanding Allen' suggestion); hence why the second line (new call) is used to contact the desired recipient and then transfer...not BLF.

disregard this post. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.