Attended transfers disconnecting - My work around

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bigsiqc, Dec 1, 2007.

1. bigsiqc

Hi

I (and a few others) have been having problems tranferring calls after they have been on hold or by usineg the attended transfer feature of our phones. Effectively, you make an attended transfer from a PTSN line and then it disconnects automatically. The server log always indicates ***Transfer: wrong leg is connected***

After an afternoon spent calling the system on my mobile and transferring to extensions with different attributes set up I have found a work arround that has saved my sanity.

These dropped calls will not drop if the extensions you are calling share the same attributes as the one you are fowarding on. Specifically what to do if there is no answer, the phone is not registered or the extension is busy.

For me this means all unanswered calls must continue ringing, and busy and not registered phones must divert to voicemail. Not an ideal solution, but one that at least means I have a degree of normal functionality in the system.

So it seems to be a 3cx quirk so over to to those clever programers in admin to figure out a more functinal fix.

hope this helps

Simon :D

2. bigsiqc

Ammendment

Actually, I have identified the exact problem. It stems purely from the "IF NO ANSWER" settings.

Anything other than "Continue ringing" causes this problem and to proove it you can change the onset of the problem by altering the time to take actioin if a call is not answered.

Simon